|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
"Hollywood can boast partied, it indeed looked like before the evening would end the bash would have made a special little niche for itself in the annals of Hollywood high life. Before the evening was out, many of the guests were stripping totally nude and hurling themselves into the luxurious swimming pool."'
—Elizabeth Cohen, Cheryl Ladd's Husband Storms Out As She Strips At A Wild Hollywood Party, TV Picture Life, July 1979
For fictional people past puberty, any wild party with both genders, teen or otherwise, is all about one thing: getting it on. This can be a good or bad thing, depending on many factors. Although one absolute in fiction is that if it's a teenage girl going, and you're her guardian, it's always a bad thing.
If it's planned and advertised as an orgy, it doesn't count.
Related to All Men Are Perverts, All Women Are Lustful, Everybody Has Lots of Sex, Everybody Must Get Stoned, But Liquor Is Quicker, Everyone Is Bi, Love Is in the Air, In Vino Veritas, Skinny Dipping and Strip Poker.
- Issue 5 of Associated Student Bodies ends with the annual New Year's Eve party, which is very intentionally one of these.
- The infamous Sailor Moon lemon "Evening at Lita's" starts out with the titular character inviting her friends for a dinner party. Then Mina gets a hold of her hentai movie collection, pops a tape in, and Lita winds up having sex with each of the Sailor Scouts. Followed by the others pleasuring her in a bathtub full of Jello.
- Name comes from Ten Things I Hate About You, when Mr. Stratford hears that Bianca is going to one.
- Although the party in PCU didn't end up like this, it was advertised as such because of this trope.
- In Can't Hardly Wait, one of the guys goes to the party just to lose his virginity.
- Spoofed in Not Another Teen Movie.
- Most of the parties in the American Pie series.
- The Genre Savvy teenagers of Cherry Falls host just such a party to escape a serial killer targeting virgins.
- In Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise they advertise their party by altering the neon sign of "Hotel Coral Essex" to read "Hot oral sex".
- In The Beach Girls a no holds barred sex, drugs and alcohol orgy is followed by a pot party/sex orgy at Uncle Carl's house at Paradise Beach over Memorial Day weekend.
- In Rockstar the after party following a Steel Dragon concert really does turn into an orgy. The film features an amusing "morning after" scene where the protagonist rolls out of bed, leaves the bedroom, and finds literally dozens of naked people passed out on the floor of his hotel suite.
- Velvet Goldmine - innocent new wardrobe mistress Shannon is led by Jerry De Vine into a distinctly uninhibited party of stars and crew, all laying about on floor cushions.
- Animal House references the trope. After the fraternity decides to have a toga party, one of the brothers is shown vehemently explaining to his girlfriend, "It's not going to be an orgy!"
- Hot Nights On The Campus: In this scene, Sally's liberated roommates are having an orgy.(NSFW)
- In Stephen King's The Stand, Larry Underwood throws a party at a beach house after hitting the big time with his single, "Baby Can You Dig Your Man." This party goes on for a few days, and the narration mentions that something that sounds like an orgy is happening in the basement.
- One of the many, many parties in Bret Easton Ellis' The Rules of Attraction is "The Dress to Get Screwed Party".
- In Kushiel's Dart, Melisande hires an entire brothel (a high-class establishment practicing one of the most honoured professions in that particular culture, but still a brothel) as the setting for her lover Prince Baudoin's birthday party. Longest Night parties, for courtesans, are similar.
- in Michael Swanwick's Bones Of The Earth, a party among a group of researchers turns into this, thanks to alcohol and triceratops mating displays. Long story.
- By all appearances, Lord Iron's soirées at his city mansion in "The Cambist and Lord Iron" meet this description.
- In the chronologically first novel, Driz'zt and some other recruits at the academy are ordered to participate in the initiation rite of new young priestesses. Having completely different morals than the rest of drow society, he is seriously freaked out when he realizes what kind of ceremony it is and for what kind of "assistance" the male recruits were needed.
- The first episode of Skins is about Sid trying to lose his virginity at a party, and pretty much every party in that series features rampant drug use and sex.
- In City of Men, 'funk dances' are a prime location for making out and hooking up.
- Crews and Reese crash one of these in the Life episode "Dig a Hole," hosted by two computer-nerds-made-rich.
- Inverted on Degrassi the Next Generation: A party actually interferes with Emma and Sean having sex. Especially when one of the guests dies.
- Spoofed in german sketch-comedy Switch Reloaded, which had a skit where there was a comercial for a broom with spikes at the end for poking such guests in the heels to bring them to leave.
- True Blood had Maryann parties; parties also known as incredible orgies in the middle of the forest. Incredible orgies used as a tribute to Dionysus that turn humans crazy
- Since Jesse can't stand being alone for more than a few hours, there's one going on at his house throughout the first half of the fourth season of Breaking Bad.
- In a second season episode of Party Down, the company is unknowingly hired to cater a party that is meant to be one of these. The invitation was so badly worded that none of the guests realized it, either.
- Really, there's too many music videos to list.
- Acknowledged and subverted like it don't mean nothin' in Prince's "Trust". Whatever all it's about, "Sex — it's not that kind of party..."
- In Lady Gaga's video for "Poker Face" playing strip poker and taking part in an orgy.
- The parties of the Val'Sullisin'rune clan in Drowtales often turn into this. But given the cultural sensibilities of the Drow this isn't seen as a negative, and the parties are generally a fun time for all.
- In Futurama, Hedonism-bot has a party that is basically an orgy, except then almost everyone there gets blown up.
Hedonism-bot: Everywhere I looked, there were piles of bodies... and then the explosion struck! Ah ha ha ha! Oh hoo hoo...
- An example from Regular Show (hey, it is meant for teens...kinda):
Benson: It's almost 8 o'clock. Kill the lights!
- The launch party for Queen's album Jazz turned into one of these.
- In The Seventies, one party trend was the "key party." (Everyone would drop their keys into a bowl, then pick a set, and sleep with whoever's keys they pulled out at the party.)
- Roman orgies. It could qualify as a trope of its time.
- Jack Nicholson, Natalie Wood, Dennis Hopper, Marilyn Monroe, Cary Grant, Gene Simmons, Mae West, Cheryl Ladd and Gene Simmons are a few of the celebrities who have attended these.
- When they stayed at the Playboy Mansion the Playmates went to Chippendales, picked up the male strippers, brought the guys back to the mansion and had orgies with them.