|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
No. 35 on the "50 Greatest Cartoons" list, Ali Baba Bunny is a 1957 Merrie Melodies short (directed by Chuck Jones) involving Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck as they wind up inside the cave from "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves" after taking a Wrong Turn At Albuquerque. Daffy's Greed gets the best of him when he sees the cave's treasure, and lands him in hot water with the cave's guard, Hassan. Bugs does his best to extricate Daffy from his troubles, despite Daffy's continual backstabbing attempts to seize all the treasure for himself.
It has also earned a position on The 100 Greatest Looney Tunes list.
- Arabian Nights Days
- Catch Phrase: HASSAN, CHOP!
- Could also count as Calling Your Attacks.
- Genie in a Bottle: Discovered when Daffy tries to polish up an old lamp for a quick four bits.
- Bugs disguises himself as one before.
- Gold Fever: It's mine, y'unnerstand, mine! Get back in there! Go go go! Down down down! Miiiiiiine!!
- Hat Damage: Daffy gets his miner's cap chopped neatly in two by a scimitar ...
- Leitmotif: The classic song "We're in the Money" (from the Warner Bros. musical Gold Diggers of 1933) plays in the background twice in the short. Daffy even sings the ditty to himself at one point.
- Incredible Shrinking Man: Daffy's fate at the end.
- Open Sesame: "Open, sarsaparilla? Open, Saskatchewan? Open, saddle soap?"
- Pooled Funds: Daffy, and then Hassan, dive into the treasure.
- Tropical Epilogue: Bugs finally makes it to Pismo Beach.
- With Friends Like These...: With as much clear hostility and animosity between Bugs and Daffy, one really has to wonder why they're spending their vacation together.
- Word Schmord: "Consequences schmonsequences, as long as I'm rich."
- Wrong Turn At Albuquerque: Done by the Trope Namer himself.