|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- Down the Rabbit Hole
- Hair of Gold: In most adaptations.
- Kid Hero
- Little Miss Snarker
- Memetic Outfit: Mostly thanks to Disney.
- Strange Girl: Alice spends a lot of time talking to herself in both books, including giving herself advice, has an extended monologue to a cat, pretends to be many people at once, and once 'frightened her nurse by saying 'Let's pretend you're a pork bone and I'm a hungry hyena!' She's probably considered a bit odd in the 'real world,' but once she gets to Wonderland she becomes the Only Sane Man.
- True-Blue Femininity: Her dress is almost always shown as blue.
- Xenafication: Is often subject to it.
Adventures in Wonderland
The White Rabbit
- Everythings Better With Bunnies
- Follow the White Rabbit: The Trope Namer.
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal
- Only Sane Man: Possibly. But that's not saying much.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: He is very afraid of cats.
Bill the lizard, Pat
- The Chew Toy: Poor Bill.
The Cheshire Cat
- Cheshire Cat Grin: The Trope Namer
- Reality Warper
- Trickster Archetype: In the Disney film; and what is more, many other versions of this character follow it as well, having the cat get Alice in trouble, but never being truly mean-spirited, just mysterious.
- Expy: He and the Hare appear in Through The Looking Glass as the White King's messengers, Hatta and Haigha.
- The Mad Hatter: Trope Namer.
The March Hare
- Heterosexual Life Partners: With The Hatter.
- Composite Character: With the Mouse in the two Disney films. Though the only trait from the Mouse he gets is his fear of cats.
The Queen of Hearts
- Composite Character: With the Red Queen, notably in the Tim Burton film.
- God Save Us From the Queen: "Off with their heads!"
The King of Hearts
The Mock Turtle
- Heterosexual Life Partners: With the Gryphon, it seems. They went to school together and are still friends.
- Hurricane of Puns:He seems to like them.
Through the looking-glass
- Alpha Bitches: They're really quite rude to Alice.
- One of them is more so in the 1985 TV movie, while the rest is more good-natured.
- Beauty Is Bad
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing
- Ascended Extra: He started off as a character within a poem, but in most adaptations he becomes an actual character.
- Our Dragons Are Different
The Red Queen
- Composite Character: With the Queen of Hearts. But she has no interest in chopping off heads despite what you might have heard.
- The High Queen
The White Queen
...in another moment the White Queen came running wildly through the wood, with both arms stretched out wide, as if she were flying....
- Cloudcuckoolander: In-universe, SHE'S considered a bit strange.
- The Cuckoolander Was Right: Alice didn't know that her seemingly nonsensical shouts during their boating trip was actually real rowing jargon.
The Red King
- All Just a Dream and Schrödinger's Butterfly: The more obvious example provides the page quote.
- Flat Character: Movie. He's got a voice actor, but most people assume he's the wizard, who's credited two seconds later.
- Heavy Sleeper
The White King
- Remember the New Guy?: Refers to Alice as an "old friend" despite never appearing before.
Tweedledum and Tweedledee
The White Knight
- Author Avatar: To Dodgson.
Disney film only