|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Animal Planet is one of the Discovery Channel's sister channels. It, as the name indicates, focuses on animal shows, most especially shows about endangered animals. It also hosts animal competitions, including agility competitions, several high-quality dog shows (including the Westminster Kennel Club show and the Eukanuba Tournament of Champions) and even some equestrian events, including the Rolex Championships.
Shows on this Network:
- Animal Armageddon, which is about extinction events throughout Earth's history.
- Animal Face-Off, which deals with which of two contemporaneous animals would win in a hypothetical fight.
- The Animal Planet Heroes shows, which deal with pet rescues.
- Call Of The Wildman, which has Redneck celebrity Ernie "Turtleman" Brown, Jr. dealing with nuisance snapping turtles and various other animals in rural Kentucky, all with his bare hands.
- The Crocodile Hunter shows, including the original and Croc Hunter Diaries.
- Dogs 101/Cats 101, a Documentary series that covers various breeds.
- Emergency Vets and its sequel E-Vet Interns; set at Alameda East Animal Hospital, the top emergency animal hospital in the country. Your basic emergency room docudrama, but with animals; this show is probably responsible for an entire generation of aspiring vets and vet techs.
- Fatal Attractions, a show about people who owned exotic animals as pets.
- Finding Bigfoot, a group of researchers trying to do Exactly What It Says on the Tin
- The Haunted, a series about paranormal investigations and ghost stories involving animals.
- Hillybilly Handfishing, a down south version of River Monsters but with fish being caught by hand.
- Infested, a show about families battles against an invasion of various animal species.
- Louisiana Lockdown, a series that shows maximum-security prison inmates at Louisiana's infamous Angola prison who are rewarded for good behavior by getting to be involved in several animal related programs, including a yearly rodeo.
- Lost Tapes, a Blair Witch-equse Mockumentary series about 'real monsters'.
- Meerkat Manor, a soap opera-ish show about various colonies of meerkats.
- Mud Lovin' Rednecks, a show about two rednecks couples trying to run a mud bogging hole.
- My Extreme Animal Phobia, a show about people trying to face animal phobias.
- I, Predator, which details specific predator-prey relationships.
- Its Me or The Dog, which is essentially SuperNanny FOR DOGS. Here, trainer Victoria Stilwell reforms badly behaved canines.
- The Most Extreme, a top ten countdown of "The Most Extreme..." mothers, swimmers, eaters, etc.
- Pit Boss, a show about little people who rescue and strengthen the bad reputation of pit bulls.
- Pit Bulls and Parolees, about the Villalobos Rescue Center for pit bulls.
- The Puppy Bowl, a Super Bowl alternative with puppies! And bonus Kitty Halftime Show!
- River Monsters, a show about Jeremy Wade catching and realesesing giant freshwater fish.
- Swamp Wars, a series that follows members of the Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Department's Venom One team as they deal with native and invasive reptile species in south Florida.
- Tanked, a show about two brothers-in-law's as they run the largest aquarium manufacturing company in the nation.
- Too Cute, a fluffy show about litters of baby animals.
- Whale Wars, which follows the Sea Shepherd as they attempt to Pay Evil Unto Evil by stopping Japanese whaling ships.
This page has no trope entries and desperately needs them. You can help this wiki by adding those trope entries.