|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the South China Sea. Oliver returned home to Starling City, bent on righting the wrongs of his family and fighting injustice.
- Adaptational Heroism: Felicity Smoak was a villain in the comics.
- The Archer: Oliver uses a bow and arrows as his weapon
- Badass Normal: Oliver has no superpowers
- Doing in the Scientist/Earth Drift: The "realistic show with no superpowers" premise gets abandoned very quickly once the show is incorporated in the Arrowverse.
- Mad Libs Catchphrase/In the Name of the Moon: "(name of villain Oliver is currently fighting), you have failed this city!"
- Rogues Gallery Transplant: Many of the villains Oliver face are Batman villains in the comics. Of course, this leaves the door open for any of them to show up in Batwoman.
- Superman Stays Out of Gotham: For the most part, Oliver doesn't show up in Central City or Gotham City, and Barry and/or Kate don't show up in Star City.