|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Atomic laundromat is a webcomic about the daily life of David, a non super person from a family of supers. David owns a laundromat that caters to super heroes, super villains and assorted wierdos. He also has a robot that transforms into a washing machine.
Here's a summary page
This webcomic contains examples of
- Aloof Big Brother - David's older brother, Richard.
- Annoying Younger Sibling - David has one of these as well: she's not only superpowered she's also the crown princess of a Galactic Empire and thus a different type of trouble by a whole order of magnitude.
- Art Evolution: Compare early versions of David and Angela, to them a few years later, and finally today.
- Balloon Belly: Dani in the Princess Diaries strip.
- Blessed with Suck: Juno, whose third eye lets her foresee everything before it happens. It can make life pretty boring. It can also make life pretty horrific, judging from the glimpses we get of her backstory.
- She does have temporal nearsightedness, though, so she can only see up to a certain point in the future. And she practically forces David to give her a job at the laundromat because it is the one place her powers don't work.
- Big Eater: Dani, as shown in the Princess Diaries strip.
- Does Not Know His Own Strength: Kal David's other brother
- Foreshadowing: Juno pegging Angela's resentment of seers hints at why she is so desperate to get powers of her own.
"...either you came across a seer who withheld something important about your future you felt you should have known... or you were told something you are desperately trying to avoid without any guidance as to whether it will make a difference."
- Four-Fingered Hands: In newer strips several human character have the full set but earlier strips they had a missing finger.
- Gentle Giant: Bob. He's also Friend to All Living Things.
- Violet Skinned Space Babe - Dani
- I Just Want to Be Special - Angela
- Insistent Terminology - David's superhero brother Dick much prefers to be called Richard. Or "Red Bolt." Branding, you know.
- No Indoor Voice: Dani, David's sister. especially bad when you have sonic powers.
- Meaningful Name: Dick. He's acted like one pretty much every time we're seen him.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Dani accidentally blew a band in half during a concert.
- Mama Bear: David's mother. That one time a galactic empire's entire army descended upon the earth to occupy it for a week? That was retaliation for a bully stealing David's lunch money.
- Mood Whiplash: There is some heartbreak amongst the laughs
- Mundane Utility: Evil Chef uses his mind control abilities to cook, attract customers, convince them their food is good, pacify dissatisfied clients and occasionally zap recipes directly into the readers' minds.
- Muggle Born of Mages - David's parents and siblings are supers. He's not.
- Scary Alien Man: Dani's bodyguard.
- Sleep Cute
- Tastes Like Purple: namechecked
- Truce Zone: Villains do not attack the laundromat or its superhero clientele. Not out of a moral obligation but rather because nobody else knows how to deal with atomic material stains.
- Unfazed Everyman: David. It's practically a job requirement.
- Villains Out Shopping: The laundromat's clientele by and large fits this trope perfectly.