*ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* *raspberries*
Exactly What It Says on the Tin, BabyFirstTV is a channel catering to infants and toddlers. Launched in May 2006, the channel is noted for airing shows mostly featuring lovable original characters of their own creation along with a small selection of imports. Originally, it was first criticised as a bad idea by those believing that TV is bad for children of any age. The channel responded by roping in several child development experts. The criticism has since stopped... Until Early 2011, where Dish Network decided to drop the channel in favor of rival channel Baby TV. The resulting tsunami-huge backlash from parents and Periphery Demographic not only made the provider bring it back, but also offer the channel for free since.
The channel is also noted for its trippy imports. Notably, Hopla and Tik Tak. It should also be noted that the channel does not list individual programming on it's channel guide, but instead blocks. This can create confusion for those wanting to watch a specific show on the channel. The channel also color codes its logo bug by the block currently airing.
- Adaptation Decay: The UK release of Safari Scrapbook is dumbed down to the point where you only get the name of the animal repeated at certain intervals. The original US version of the show has a Disney documentary style commentary.
- Adults Are Useless: Danny and Daddy and Danny and Daddy Duet, period. For a guy that wears glasses, Danny's dad is a complete klutz.
- Cartoon Creature: Peekaboo, Bloop and Loop. Especially Peekaboo, who looks like a Cheburashka who is revealed to be able to Teleport Spam in the iOS game!
- Channel Hop: The Danny and Daddy series, believe it or not, are on The Playhouse Disney Channel in Asia. Because it's a BabyFirst TV Import in the US.
- Cheerful Child: Harry The Bunny, Peep (Numbers Farm) and Tillie. Averted by Fred and Fiona, which has Fiona going sad at least Once an Episode.
- Edutainment Show: More like Edutainment Channel.
- Everything's Better with Rainbows/Cool Horse: Rainbow Horse.
- Everything's Better with Plushies: Harry The Bunny has a gratuitously huge amount of plushes scattered all around his house. Sadly averted for the channel itself- they only make plushies of Harry, Peekaboo and Rainbow Horse.
- Everythings Nuttier With Squirrels: Sammy and Eve from Hide and Seek.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Channel name aside, this applies to some of the shows on the channel too:
- Harry The Bunny
- Bonnie Bear
- Fred and Fiona
- Rainbow Horse
- Edutainment Game/IOS Games: A bunch of them. It's the channel's secondary source of income.
- Incredibly Lame Pun/Punny Name: VocabuLarry. Which is about a parrot named Larry who's building up his vocabulary.
- Name's the Same: Peep from Numbers Farm? Meet Peep from Peep and the Big Wide World.
- No Antagonist: There's zero antagonists on all the shows on the channel.
- No Export for You: Much of the merchandise outside of DVDs are this. Also, half of the shows listed on the US' website has never aired on the other region versions of the channel. On the other hand, the other region versions of the channel tend to have shows that have been Screwed by the Network in the US (Color Crew, Tik Tak and Hopla comes to mind, although the reason Hopla was pulled from the US was due to a distributor-network dispute).
- No Plot, No Problem: The target demographic most likely wouldn't care for plots. They're only into it for the moving pictures on screen and sounds playing along to the picture.
- Screwed by the Network: Apparently, Color Crew is this in the US. Which is perhaps for the best.
- The Speechless: Lots of shows on the channel play on this trope.
- Little Vinnie (Little Vinnie's Art). Ironically, he sings the theme song)
- Joey and his mom (Joey's Toy Box)
- Mole (Magic Tunnels)
- The animals in Numbers Around The Globe
- Strictly Formula: You can basically predict the pattern of a show after watching just two episodes. You can also predict the list and sequence of shows that is going to air on a block after watching said block twice.
- The Rival: Fox's Baby TV
- Title Theme Tune: Plenty. Almost all the show has one.
- Bragging Theme Tune: Vocabularry, Little Vinnie's Art, Harry the Bunny and Bonnie Bear's theme.
- Viewers are Morons/Viewers Are Goldfish: Vocabularry is noted for this.
- The Voiceless: The titular Friendly Jack
- What Do You Mean It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: Hopla and Tik-Tak are this. Rainbow Horse also qualifies.