DC Fandome - The Loop
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Events in Web Comics that are not possible. only list examples that fit this description
- Three words: Glorious Chainsaw Method. Lampshaded in the comic by Black Mage. make your swords unto chainsaws'. It wasn't possible but he did it anyway.
- How do you make an omnipotent wizard go "What."? You Dual Wield long bows, and then you dual wield the dual wield
- Black Mage's Evilness. When the representation of all of your sins is yourself, because nothing else was quite up to the task, and even yet you manage to be even WORSE than it, and EAT IT... Let's just say that Black Mage didn't jump over the Moral Event Horizon, oh no. He IS the Moral Event Horizon.
- Also, Thief steals his own class change. From the future. At the worst moment possible, to boot.
- Fighter uses this trope to prevent the Light Warriors from dying after a long fall. How? He blocked the ground with his sword.
- Problem Sleuth broke the impossible way back when they encountered a Soup Cans puzzle so utterly impenetrable and difficult that the protagonist was forced to reload from a save-state made after the puzzle was completed.
"Shit is more real than it has ever been or possibly ever can be."
- For that matter, Homestuck has gone through Beyond the Impossible and even further. It's updates can make web sites crash. Its creator has stated that 'the internet can't handle me.'
- At one point in the story, Jade promises Echidna to complete a task that she believes is impossible. That is, she must bring all the lands, denizens, consorts, and everything else with her when the kids escape the universe and the Scratch. At the end of act 5, after reaching the god-tiers, Jade shrinks the planets themselves into convenient travel-size, and makes it clear that the "impossible" is now trivial.
- Taking about Act 5, the flash animations crashed both newgrounds AND megaupload in less than 10 minutes. For reference, the flash in question is about 15 minutes long. That's right, people didn't even get to the end of the flash before they managed to break both of those sites.
- Cans can punch people through time.
- the Autoresponder doesn't show off just by reciting pi to an excessive number of digits, but by claiming to have calculated the final digit of pi (four, apparently). This is obviously impossible (pi is an irrational number that has no end) and he's only saying it to screw with Dirk, as Dirk rightly points out.
- Bittersweet Candy Bowl "SUPERRRR PANELLLL TELEPORT!" David was surprised it worked.
- The Order of the Stick: In strip #794, Elan seduced a succubus. As in, you know, a demon who is, by her own admission, an evil incarnation of illict sex.
- Larisa in Sandra and Woo:
- Girls Next Door uses this trope to explain why Chihiro is the unofficial president of the Wibsy (Weirdo Boyfrend & Supernatural Stalker club): using Christine words "It's hard to trump dating a river." The others have at least human-shaped (a fae, a ghost and a vampire amongst others. Christine with her murderous deformed psycho is the most normal of them all.) boyfriends/stalkers, so this is impossible by their standards. in her defense the river was in the form of a human boy that looked her age at the time she fell for him.
- Talerdo can travel Planeta Absurdo by violating time-space laws and travel long distances with only one step because he has No Sense of Direction.
- A scientific impossiblity is achieved in Sequential Art: Gadgeteer Genius Scarlet makes a perpetual motion engine out of a