|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
—Basically everyone on this page
When simply saying it doesn't work someone screams "Shut up!" at another person (or group of people) when annoyed, upset, or pissed off. Could also be uttered when trying to put a Super-Powered Evil Side in its place. Variations include "SHUT THE HELL UP!", "QUIET!", "SHUT YOUR MOUTH/FACE!", etc. The Japanese version, very common, is 'URUSAI!', literally 'noisy!' Occasionally applied literally to Shut UP, Hannibal
Anime and Manga
- Afro Samurai has this moment on the penultimate episode said to a perpetually complaining Ninja Ninja. It qualifies as a Big "Shut Up!" due to the fact that the normally absolutely silent Afro raises his voice, if only slightly.
- Shakugan no Shana: Whenever Shana gets frustrated, she'll shout "Shut up, shut up, shut up!" ("Urusai, Urusai, Urusai!" in Japanese). Usually to Yuji.
- Kagami tends to give only big shut ups to Konata in Lucky Star.
- D.Gray-man: When in the middle of one of their arguments and told to calm down, Kanda and even Allen tell Lavi and another guy "Shut the hell up!"
- One occurs in a funny scene in episode 16 of Neon Genesis Evangelion:
Makoto Hyuga: You look pretty worn to the bone, Major Katsuragi.
- Osanai does four big shut ups to Paprika when the latter accuses him of being "the Chairman's pet dog" and of once being "Himuro's idol".
- Naruto says this to Chiyo when the latter tells him to calm down following Gaara's death.
- Chapter 485 had a scene where Sasuke screamed at Naruto to shut up after the latter told him he understood the reason behind his actions.
- Naruto to Pain when the latter tries to give him a Hannibal Lecture.
- SHUT UP, TAILS!
- In the Japanese version of the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime, Pegasus tells Dark Bakura to shut up after the latter read his past like an open book through Duel Monster cards used as Tarot cards.
Bakura: So your social status and your actions are in fact a mask concealing your true intentions. An extremely roundabout way of reaching a goal hidden in the depths of your heart. And this goal is--
- Bleach: Szayel does this to his Fraccion once they start making a commotion following Ishida's Big Damn Heroes moment.
- Grimmjow to Nel when the latter won't stop crying following Ichigo's 'death'. And continually when Orihime heals Ichigo back to consciousness as he's impatient to fight Ichigo.
- Ichigo in chapter 474.
- In episode one of Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Uzuki does a big shut up to Yuki.
- In episode five a little girl remembers her mom screaming "Shut up!" before hitting her.
- Hotsuma does this to Yuki when the latter expresses concern for him.
- One Piece: Luffy sort of pulls this when Usopp wants to ask Rayleigh about the One Piece. Luffy doesn't want to learn anything about One Piece until he actually finds it, because it's more fun that way.
Usopp: I want to ask something too! The legendary treasure One Piece...does it really--
- Code Geass: "Mao!" (hits his Geass) "NEVER SPEAK AGAIN!" Some fansubbers actually translated it as "SHUT UP!"
- In Unico in the Island of Magic, Lord Kuruku does a pretty crazy version of this, out of nowhere, to Cheri right before turning her into a living puppet.
Cheri: Kuruku, listen-
- Berserk: Guts to Griffith during their first duel after Griffith asks Guts if he wants to stop the duel so he can recover from his wounds.
- Guts to the Godhand during the Eclipse in a Shut UP, Hannibal moment.
- Ed to Shou Tucker in Fullmetal Alchemist after he tries to say he transmuted his daughter and dog into a chimera For Science!.
- Persona 4 The Animation: During the battle between Adachi and the Investigation Team, Adachi starts shouting this during the heroes' collective "The Reason You Suck" Speech.
- In the original Elf Quest series after the Wolfriders defeat Winnowil's and Leetah is at work using her healing power to revive Lord Voll after being rendered unconscious by the villainness, one of the Gliders protests that the "savage" mustn't touch him. At that insult after all that has happened, One-Eye roars "Shut your beak!"
- Darkhorse's Oktane provides the page image.
- Hellboy is so sick of Hannibal Lectures, Not So Different speeches and people trying to convince him that You Can't Fight Fate that this is practically his CatchPhrase now.
- Several times in Calvin and Hobbes: The Series:
- A grieving Lilly to Hanako in Reconciliation
- "Shut the fuck up, Donny!"
- "Ahahahahahaha--SHUT UP!!!"
- Kung Fu Hustle: SHUT THE HELL UPPPPPPPPPP!!!! Actually becomes a plot point.
- At the end of an exchange in Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure:
Ted: Now your dad's goin' for it. In your own room!
- Arnold Schwarzenegger does one of these in Kindergarten Cop when the classroom full of children drives him to it.
- Rose does this in the second half of Titanic when she's had enough of her mother's self-centered attitude.
- In another instance Jack and Rose break through a door after escaping from the rapidly flooding lower decks:
Steward: Hey! What do you think you're doing? You'll have to pay for that, you know! That's White Star Line property!
- Donnie Darko has poor old Cherita Chen yelling "CHUT UP" at Donnie for some Mind Screwy reason.
- Played for laughs in The Gamers, after the titular gamers' PCs defeat the Bandit King:
Mark, the Red: Three Cheers for the archer! Hup hup -
- Mars Attacks!. General Decker tries to get the U.S. President to order a nuclear strike on the Martians.
Decker: We're already at war, sir! We have to nuke them! We must nuke them now!
- Harry to Aunt Marge in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban when she keeps insulting his family.
- Harry tries to call a Quidditch tryout to order in Half Blood Prince. He isn't quite loud enough, so Ginny intervenes with a very helpful "SHUT IT!"
- Three Amigos!.
Lucky Day: Not so fast, El Guapo! Or I'll fill you so full of lead, you'll be using your dick for a pencil.
- Harry to Peter in the third Spiderman movie after Peter tries to explain that he didn't kill Harry's father.
- The Moai did this in Night at the Museum.
- Two instances in Pinocchio:
- Jiminy Cricket can't sleep because of all the snoring and ticking clocks in Geppetto's shop, so he yells, "QUIET!" They all freeze and all is silent.
- When Pinocchio yells to be let out of the cage Stromboli put him in, the latter shouts, "QUIET! SHUT UP! Before I knock-a you silly!"
- Tulio from Road to El Dorado yells, "STOP!" so loudly that an erupting volcano becomes dormant in the background.
- In Wanted, Wesley's conversation with his boss after meeting The Fraternity:
Boss: Management skills? POOR!, Attitude? POOR!, 'Works well with others?' Hah! That's a fucking Joke! *looks at computer* What's this? Some asshole gets his head blown off on--
- Vince McCain delivers one of these to chronic talker "Bugsy" Malone in Fierce Creatures, who of course ignores him as he would anyone saying it more quietly. Vince gets so irritated that he goes to get a gun, but this merely prompts a Not with the Safety On, You Won't and a change of the subject to that of guns.
- One of the prison guards in A Clockwork Orange: "SHUT YOUR BLEEDING HOLE!"
- Transformers: SHUT UP, GRANDMA!
- Being the Only Sane Man in Pulp Fiction, Jules resorts to a profanity-laced version of this quite often, especially when dealing with his Too Dumb to Live partner.
- In Monty Python and the Holy Grail, when someone very reasonably suggests that the reason a carver's death throe was engraved in stone is because he was dictating, everyone in unison yells at him to shut up.
- And in an earlier scene, Dennis continues explaining that a watery tart lobbing scimitars at people isn't a viable system to base a government upon, despite repeated orders to "Be Quiet!" and "Shut up!" from King Arthur.
- Monty Python's Flying Circus on the Self Defense Against Fresh Fruits skit: Whenever the student played by Eric Idle suggests about learning about defense against "Point-ed stick", the second time and afterwards, the instructor played by John Cleese replies with a "Shut up!".
- Hot Fuzz. Okay, we all know how this goes by now. So say it with me. On the count of three. One, two, three:
- "The greater good..."
- "SHUT IT!!"
- "The greater good..."
- Happens during the climax of The Aristocats when Roquefort the mouse orders Edgar and several cats to stop fighting each other so he can focus on getting Duchess and her kittens out a crate that's bound for Timbuktu. Once the lock was unlocked, after a few seconds, they resume fighting shortly afterwards.
- SHUT. UP!
- In Punch-Drunk Love, Adam Sandler's character threatens Philip Seymour Hoffman and gets this response:
"SHUT UP! SHUT THE FUCK UP! Shut up, will you SHUT UP? SHUT UP! SHUT-SHUT-SHUT-SHUT-SHUT UP... SHUT UP! NOW... are you threatening me, dick?"
- In Pixar's Finding Nemo when Nigel is about to eat a crab:
Seagulls: MINE? MINE? MINE? MINE? MINE? MINE? MINE? MINE? MINE?
- How Miss Scarlet ends the "is there a bullet left in the revolver?" argument in Clue.
- In Fun and Fancy Free, when Donald Duck is starving:
Edgar Bergen: (narrating) But Donald doesn't whimper... Donald doesn't give up...
- One Hundred and One Dalmatians: Jasper gives Cruella an "Awwwww shyaddup" when she starts berating them after the car wreck.
- In The Empire Strikes Back, 3PO is about to do a second instance of stating the odds of a crazy move by Han, but instead of Han saying "Never Tell Me the Odds" again, Leia snaps at 3PO to shut up.
- In episode IV Luke interrupts 3PO while they're in the garbage chute by saying, "Will you just shut up and listen to me?!"
- High School Musical: Sharpay sings one of these during "Stick to the Status Quo".
Sharpay: Everybody QUI-ET!
- In Harry Potter after Harry is proven innocent in the court, Fred, George, and Ginny do a war dance to the tune of "He got off, he got off, he got off..." which makes Mrs. Weasley invoke this trope.
- The Honeymooners: Ralph Kramden shouts this a lot, usually at Ed Norton when he has a laugh at his expense.
- Star Trek: The Next Generation has the episode Datalore which has a Crowning Moment of Funny, when Wesley insists that Data's Evil Twin is posing as him. Picard finally snaps "Shut up, Wesley!"
- In Greys Anatomy Christina earns a Crowning Moment of Awesome when she tells Meredith at the beginning of the fifth season what most of us have been thinking for years in one little speech: "SHUT UP!!"
- Gossip Girl: Blair and Serena scream this at one another during their Cat Fight in 2.06 "New Haven Can Wait."
- In the Series Finale of Newhart, the Daryls did this to their new wives.
- Curb Your Enthusiasm: Larry David to his secretary: "SHUT THE FUCK UP!"
- Graeme did one in an episode of The Goodies, to quiet down Tim and Bill bickering Like an Old Married Couple. It's overpowering.
- On Gilmore Girls, it takes five and a half seasons and an almost-destroyed romance, but Lorelai finally smacks Emily down: "MOM! Please hear me. If I want your input in my life in any way, shape or form, I will ask for it. Until then, do us all a favor and shut up!" Arguably also a Crowning Moment of Awesome.
- JD's epic rant on Scrubs starts with about 4 of these.(One for each of the people he's annoyed at.)
- Chappelle's Show: During the Mad Real World sketch, when Chad is trying to get a good night's rest because he has to work in the morning while all the other housemates are up partying loudly. He finally reaches his breaking point and goes downstairs, launching into a furious tirade at the others.
- Friends: 'Pivot! Pivot! PIVOT!' 'Shut up! SHUT UP! SHUT UUUUUP!'
- In the Doctor Who episode "The Lodger", the Doctor does this to Craig after he headbutts him, revealing his true identity.
- Does it even earlier to Jackie in "The Christmas Invasion". "I need...I need...I need- you to SHUT UP!"
- And even earlier, in "The Parting of the Ways": (to the Daleks): "I've got five billion languages and you haven't got one way of stopping me, so if anybody's going to shut up... IT'S YOU!!"
- This actually seems to be a pretty common trope with the Doctor.
- That '70s Show episode "Canadian Road Trip":
Mountanie #1: What's your reason for coming to Canada?
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Satellite of Love crew is known to invoke this whenever a character really gets on their nerves, usually an Odious Comic Relief who doesn't know when to quit.
- Crow unleashes a Giant Shut Up at the end of Invasion of the Neptune Men.
- Penn Jillette is fond of these.
SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!
- In an episode of The Office where Michael wants to hire a male stripper, according to his understanding of "seperate but equal" (He was hiring a female stripper for a bachelor party.)
Angela: Under no circumstances should a man strip off his clothes in this office!
- It Ain't Half Hot Mum has Sgt Major Williams, one of the old masters of these. Several times per episode he would bellow some variant of "SHUUUUUUUT UP!!!"
- All in The Family: Stifle it, Edith!
- "I don't care what Robin says. Robin, shut up." from Gloria.
- One of the many Running Gags in El Chavo del Ocho involves multiple people talking (often the students in the school episodes), and one of the authority figures (often Prof. Jirafales) giving one these (usually followed by a Seven Minute Lull involving the title character).
Silencio. ¡Silencio! ¡¡¡SI-LEN-CIO!!!
- In Malcolm in the Middle Hal has a slow and steady nervous breakdown as he tries to contend with the future of his children, where he keeps personifying his confused thoughts as miniature versions of himself that only he can see, ranging from Cowboy Hal, to Spaceman Hal, and even Fonzie Hal. Eventually, he has a small LEGION of Hals all over his bedroom, and listening to the conflicted personas all talking at once finally causes him to dash out the bedroom and burst into the living room of his house in front of all to see, and let out a big, fat:
Hal: SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!!
- Linkin Park, with the bridge of One Step Closer.
- Korn has a song called "Right Now". At one part the lyrics "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up, I'll fuck you up!" are screamed.
- They say this cat Shaft is one bad mother-
- Shut yo' mouth!
- But I'm only talking 'bout Shaft.
- Then we can dig it.
- Shut yo' mouth!
- Shouted in Ayria's "The Gun Song" between the verses.
- "Louder Than Words" by Celldweller.
- "But Julian, I'm A Little Bit Older Than You" by Courtney Love.
- "Told You So" by Drowning Pool, seven times during the chorus.
- "Shut Up" by Kelly Osbourne
- "Shut Up and Dance" by Aerosmith
- Doctor Steel: STOP!
- David Bowie drops it twice at the end of It's No Game (Part One), from 1980's Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps).
- "Shut the Fuck Up and Dance!" by Adrenaline (aka Richard "Humpty" Vission)
- Vince McMahon and any number of other heels. Of course, the crowd invariably roars even louder afterward.
- Chris Jericho was known for using this as a catchphrase when interrupting someone who was talking too much: "Would you PLEASE SHUT THE HELL UP?!"
- CM Punk was once on commentary for a Diva's match, and he was joined by Jerry Lawler, Lay Cool, and Josh Matthews. All of whom sans Punk were bickering like high school girls throughout the match. Halfway through, Punk snaps and yells "EVERYBODY SHUT UP!!!" Needless to say, they did.
- Scott Steiner once tried to convince two women to have a meeting with him as a "modifier". When corrected ("you mean 'moderator'") by Jeremy Borash, Steiner yells "SHUT UP!" Can be viewed here.
- Animal of The Muppets has been known to shout "QUIET!" on occasion, followed by a relatively low key "Thank you."
- Any time Seaman "Fatso" Johnson was about to inadvertently spill the beans on CPO Pertwee's latest scheme on The Navy Lark, Pertwee would quickly silence him with a sharp and loud "BELT UP!".
- As would any number of the other members of the Pertwee clan, all of whom were every bit as conniving as the CPO.
- There numerous, hilarious versions of this on The Jack Benny Show. Many times, various people, often Mary Livingstone and Verna Felton (as Dennis Day's mother), would snap at Jack to shut up to keep him from making some corny joke. Sometimes, Jack would give it in response to someone either pointing out the obvious, or the flaw in a gag, or his ego. Most of the time, though, it would be Jack hollering "Wait a minute!" at his quartet, the Sportsmen, in a futile attempt to stop them from going crazy with their latest wacky song.
- Towards the end of Vanities' third scene:
Joanne(to Kathy): If I thought you didn't care, I don't know what I'd do.
- In the play "We are united", in the final challenge Jack says, "Ok everyone let's work together." Everyone responds by saying, "BE QUIET JACK!"
- Final Fantasy VII: Cloud's "Shut up!" textbox actually covers Sephiroth's "The Reason You Suck" Speech.
- In Psychonauts, Raz says "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" to the cheerleaders urging him on to victory in the Punching Game in Basic Braining in the same rhythm as their cheers.
- Koudelka has this as well when the title character is held hostage by a mad groundskeeper.
- "You're crazy-"
- "SHUT UUUUUUUUUUP!"
- In Rosenkreuzstilette, if already having defeated Trau, Zorne would tell Tia, "Shut up *shut up* SHUT UP!!" when Tia desperately tried to talk her into calming down and listening to her.
- This is all Sanger has to say in order to get the opponent's attention in Super Robot Wars.
- Portal 2 gives us this gem:
Announcer: Warning. Core overheating. Nuclear meltdown imminent.
- At one point in Knights of the Old Republic you can say this during the argument between Sandral and Matale.
- Black Mage in Eight Bit Theater, telling the four fiends to "shut the goddamn hell up."
- Hanna gives one to Ples when he starts messing with Gallahad.
- Suicide for Hire: "WILL YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP?!"
- Spark in an early Dominic Deegan: "AAAAH, SHADDAP!"
- Small crossover with Shut UP, Hannibal.
- At the end of "This page" from Order of the Stick.
- The Inexplicable Adventures of Bob: Molly is tired of Golly's ranting, here.
Molly: "WOULD YOU SHUT UP?!" (beat) "Gloriosky! I hardly ever get mad like that!"
Snake: You're Dr. Emmerich?
- Mega 64: In "The Gangs Returned To Class And Became Honor Students," Dr. Poque has three of these in a row when the rest of the cast is too busy talking about pranks to listen to him.
- There is one in a Machinima called "100 More Ways To Die In Garry's Mod." The method? "Hearing the loudest thing ever."
- And now you can have your very own SHUT UP button! Just go to http://instantsfun.es and click the "SHUT UP!" button!
- Phelous did it when he finally got tired of The Nostalgia Critic in Kickassia.
- Red vs. Blue has quite a lot, but Church deserves first place:
Church: ROOKIE! SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP, YOU'RE DRIVING ME CRAZY, GET IN THERE!
- Most Smosh videos begin with an obnoxious statement relating to the episode, followed by that shout of "SHUT UP!"'
- In one of the videos, the shout of "SHUT UP!" instead used the shout, "SHUT UP! THAT SONG'S COPYRIGHTED!"
- Episode 1 of Echo Chamber has Tom attempting to compare Show Within a Show to Schroedingers Cat (poorly). Dana tries to get him to stop by throwing chalk at him and yelling "SHUT UP" over and over again.
- Homestar Runner: In an Easter egg, at the end of the Cheat Commandos toon, "Commandos In the Classroom", there is a scene of Blue Laser foot soldiers dressed up as giant slices of pizza:
A Blue Laser Minion: (to the commander) Um... I'm not entirely sure this is what they were talking about, sir.
- At around 6:45 of this Retsupurae of IJustine's infamously awful Portal2 Let's Play, RP newcomer foreverpandering absolutely explodes with one of these.
- Codename: Kids Next Door: In Operation: D.A.T.E. Lizzie appears as Numbuh 1 is confronting the Delightful Children:
Lizzie: "Nigel Uno, I'd like a word with you!"
- In Operation: P.O.P, Mr. Fizz has one when the KND start talking all at once and give him a headache. In fact, he's so sick of loud, noisy kids, he's locking them up in soda bottles just to get some peace and quiet! The second time the KND all bicker at him at once, in response to his evil plan, Mr. Fizz has a Villainous Breakdown and summons root beer-loaded wooden barrel robot armor to steel his nerves and pulverize the kids! Overkill, much?
- Various times on Looney Tunes, usually phrased as "AAAAH SHADDUP!"
- Rocky and Bullwinkle: Whenever Boris' latest fiendish plan fails (and it always does), he tells Natasha to "Shaddup your mouth!"
- Subverted hilariously in one episode, "Greenpernt Oogle", when, trapped in their own mine field, Boris tells Natasha, "Next time I get fiendish plan, do me big favor? SHADDUP MY MOUTH!"
- Natasha does tell him just that: in "The Treasure of Monte Zoom", Boris and Natasha inadvertently drive a car off a cliff and she yells at him to "SHADDUP YOUR MOUTH!!"
- Subverted hilariously in one episode, "Greenpernt Oogle", when, trapped in their own mine field, Boris tells Natasha, "Next time I get fiendish plan, do me big favor? SHADDUP MY MOUTH!"
- Raven of Teen Titans screamed "QUIET!" in the movies when the others wouldn't stop arguing.
- The Super Mario World episode "The Yoshi Shuffle" has Roy deliver this to Morton in a Looney Tunes-like manner. "AAAAH SHADDUP! We'll never get started!"
- "SHUT UP, RATTRAP!"
- The Powerpuff Girls: In the episode "Los Dos Mojos", when Bubbles (who, thanks to amnesia, thinks she's Mojo Jojo) rants that she is the real Mojo Jojo, the real real Mojo shouts at her, "Oh, shut up!" before walloping her with an I-beam that caused her to lose her memory in the first place (only this time, she is cured).
- Done a couple of times by the title character in Rocko's Modern Life: one in "Day of the Flecko" when an increasingly obnoxious bird won't stop chirping, and in "Zanzibar" when the crowd keeps interrupting him by singing during his speech.
- The Simpsons: "How did you get this number?" Homer: "SHUT UP!"
- Jay Sherman is fond of these.
- Aladdin, Return of Jafar: "Hey, Jafar! SHUT UUUUUUP!"
- My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic sees Twilight Sparkle doing this in "The Ticket Master", interrupting her friends' argument over the extra ticket to the Grand Galloping Gala with "QUIET!"
- Lots of occurrences of this on Total Drama Island. Namely:
- TDI: Owen, Heather, and Izzy, "The Sucky Outdoors", to a bird whose singing is just a little bit aggravating
- TDA: In the Reunion Special "Celebrity Manhunt", Gwen is shown giving one of these to Katie and Sadie on her webshow.
Gwen: Hey. Today I want to talk about going green. Basically the earth is going to DIE if we don't do something about it!
- Beavis and Butthead have been told to shut up numerous times by their teachers. Mr. Buzzcut has threatened to kill students who didn't shut-up.
- Lampy in The Brave Little Toaster receives this after too many of his ideas on what to use for their vehicle fail.
- In Regular Show, this has practically become Rigby's Catch Phrase.
- Along with "STOP TALKING!"
- A Crowning Moment of Funny in the "Secret Scrolls" episode of Sonic the Hedgehog. The heroes' plane is diving out of control and Antoine is yelling manically.
All: Antoine, SHUT UP!
- The judge in Plutos Judgement Day.
- Joe Bear in the Tex Avery-directed cartoon, "Rock-a-Bye Bear", does this a lot in a very loud voice whenever he hears the slightest bit of noise:
Joe: SHUT UP!! QUIET! I SAID QUIET!! WHAT'S THE MATTER?!! YOU DEEF OR SOMETHIN'?!
- Dan vs. has a lot of these.
- In the Episode Dan Vs. the Wolfman, Dan has a trick-or-treater dressed as a werewolf tied up and hanging from the ceiling whenever the kid says help Dan yells "Quiet!" one other time the kid whines "I wanna go home." Dan and Chris both yell "QUIET!"
- In the recent episode Dan vs. The Gym Chris feels motivated even though they've been forced to power the evil robots he then says what the instructor said to him, Elise, the Hippy guy, and one other extra simultaneously say, "Shut up."
- In the "Sister Mary Elephant" sketch from the Cheech & Chong album Big Bambu, a substitute teacher, faced with a class of unruly teenagers, repeatedly invokes this trope:
Class... Class... Cla-ass... SHUT UP!!!... Thank you.
- You'll end up screaming "Shut up!" at the person that pushed your buttons if your stress levels are high enough.
- Hilariously this parrot.
- The King of Spain told Hugo Chavez to shut up at the Ibero-American summit of 2007 after Chavez called a former Prime Minister of Spain a fascist. King Juan Carlos considered the incident embarrassing. Many others considered it a Crowning Moment of Awesome.
- During the final moments of his campaign for President, a tired Ronald Reagan kept getting interrupted by a heckler at one of his rallies, until he finally just snapped "Aw, shut up!" Needless to say, the crowd immediately cheered loudly.