Big Star is a South Korean animation studio.
Since its establishment in 1986, Big Star has made a name for itself for working not only in the traditional animation industry, but also specializing in Flash Animation, as well as owning a computer animation and special effects studio called AZworks.
See also AKOM, Dong Woo Animation, Rough Draft Studios, Hanho Heung Up, Dai Won, Sei Young, DR Movie, Sunwoo Entertainment, Saerom, and Koko Enterprises, other South Korean animation studios. Do NOT confuse for the band of the same name.
Works done by Big Star
- Adventures of the Gummi Bears (uncredited)
- Baby Looney Tunes
- Brandy and Mr. Whiskers
- Cool World
- Dantes Inferno: The Animated Epic (The Arrival segment with Film Roman; Movie animation done alongside Manglobe, Digital E Mation, Production I.G, Dong Woo, Moi Animation and JM Animation)
- Duck Dodgers
- Dan Vs.
- The Dreamstone (uncredited)
- Fantastic Max (uncredited)
- The Flintstone Kids (uncredited)
- Foofur (uncredited)
- Hello Kitty's Furry Tale Theater (With Dai Won and Toei; uncredited)
- The Haunted World of El Superbeasto (also with Carbunkle Cartoons)
- Lazer Tag Academy (uncredited)
- Oggy and the Cockroaches
- The Pirates of Dark Water (with Madhouse, Fil-Cartoons, Wang and Tama Productions)
- Police Academy: The Animated Series ( With Wang, Fil Cartoons and Hong Ying; uncredited)
- Potsworth and Company (uncredited)
- Ren and Stimpy: Adult Party Cartoon (with Carbunkle Cartoons and PiP Animation Services)
- Shuriken School
- Slacker Cats
- Space Goofs
- Stunt Dawgs
- Tales of the Black Freighter
- The New Woody Woodpecker Show
Tropes associated with Big Star
- Animation Bump: Ren & Stimpy: APC, Dante's Inferno, and El Superbeasto are full of this, the latter mixed in with...
- Conspicuous CG: El Superbeasto.
- Name's the Same: See above.
- Roger Rabbit Effect: Cool World
- Off-Model: Dan Vs. has a tendency to veer into this.