|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Blazing Lazers is a Vertical Scrolling Shooter for the TurboGrafx-16, produced by Hudson Soft and developed by Compile (whose name only appears in the game's end credits as "cooperator"). In Japan, it was titled Gunhed, and was a tie-in to a movie of the same name; however, the game and movie barely resemble each other.
The game has nine variously space-themed stages which are slightly wider than the screen.
Four weapon types are available, each of which can be upgraded by collecting purple orbs and items which give additional firepower.
- Attack Drone
- Boss Rush: Area 9.
- Eenie Meenie Miny Moai: Moai appear in Area 5.
- Idiosyncratic Difficulty Levels: Normal Dog, Hard Human, Super Mania and God of the Game.
- Macross Missile Massacre
- Sequential Boss: The Final Boss.
- Smart Bomb: The flashing pink orb.
- Unstable Equilibrium: The last couple of levels are really hard, and they're even harder if you lose your weapons.
- Womb Level: Area 4.