|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
The short begins in a faraway wasteland, with a Mother Buzzard sending off her quadruplets to get some food for them—save one, the dimwitted Killer The Buzzard (voiced by Kent Rogers). After being booted away from the nest, he treks off to bring home a rabbit for his ma—and promptly discovers a rabbit hole, housing the ever so nomadic Bugs Bunny. Bugs promply matches wits with the buzzard, resulting in much Hilarity Ensuing.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: When Bugs thinks his body is reduced to a skeleton and breaks down, only to reveal to his audience that he's just putting on a sham.
- Momma's Boy: Killer the Buzzard.
- Desert Skull: Bugs falls into a hole next to some cow bones, and he briefly thinks the bones are his. Later, he tricks Killer into thinking the same.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Killer is based on ventriloquist Edgar Bergen's character Mortimer Snerd.
- Stock Footage: The opening of this cartoon was recycled for the opening of another Killer / Beaky the Buzzard short, "The Bashful Buzzard."
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Bugs, as demonstrated on the page image.