|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
A Beat'Em Up game by Data East based on Marvel Comics characters. It was originally released for arcades in 1991, where up to four players could play simultaneously as Captain America (comics), Iron Man, Hawkeye and The Vision.
The somewhat different NES version was a Platform Game in which one player controlled Captain America and Hawkeye alternately, traveling across America to rescue Iron Man and the Vision from captivity.
- Autobots Rock Out: The soundtrack really hammers the percussion hard for a Genesis game, and includes crazy solos.
- Blind Idiot Translation: Happens with some dialogues... to the point that there is no voiceover for the dialogue.
- Dual Boss: Klaw and Living Laser, and later the Controllers.
- Evil Laugh: Red Skull. "HOHOHAHAHA!!!"
- Giant Mook: The giant robot mid-boss of Scene 2.
- The Grim Reaper: The boss of Scene 2.
- Mercy Invincibility: In the SNES version, it's the enemies who get most of it.
- Mondegreen: When an Avenger is defeated, he shouts out "I CAN'T LOSE" before losing a life. A lot of people, however, have mistakenly misheard them as saying "I CAN'T MOVE" instead.
- Near-Victory Fanfare: When you get a boss down to one third health, a voice shouts "Okay Go!", and the main theme starts up.
- Power Echoes:
Mandarin: "See my power!"
- Space Base: Red Skull has a moonbase, complete with giant laser cannon.
- Spin Attack: Whirlwind.
- Spotlight-Stealing Title: Despite the title and Cap's Arch Nemesis the Red Skull as the main villain, it's mainly an Avengers game. There are other Avengers as playable characters, and most bosses are Avengers villains who are not usually associated with Captain America.
- Trap Door: Players will fall down one while clearing out Red Skull's base.
- Trick Boss: Red Skull.
- Under the Sea: Part of Scene 3, including an Underwater Boss Battle.
- Unexpected Shmup Level: Parts of Scene 2 and Scene 5.
- Written Sound Effect: Comicbook-style fight noises appear on screen.