|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Two characters, usually a man and a woman, are at a big, fancy stadium that's hosting a sporting event. At halftime, they do a kiss-cam or somesuch. It lands on the couple. Oh Crap, they're doing something embarrassing, and it's all up there on the Jumbotron for everyone to watch. Alternatively, they are sitting there completely innocently, but the crowd starts pressuring them to kiss (and, typically, they're not love interests). There's usually a momentary Dull Surprise for the characters in either case.
- In Lovely Complex, two characters get caught having a heart-to-heart discussion about their relationship.
- One Archie Comics story has Archie and Betty getting caught while kissing, and being completely unaware. Veronica, who's watching at home, is furious at their moment in the spotlight and takes Archie to another game to re-create the scene, but with her in it. Hilarity Ensues.
- In The Ugly Truth, Abbey spills her drink on Colin's lap. She starts scrubbing quite vigorously. Of course, they get caught on the Jumbotron, and it looks like she's jerking him off.
- In Ferris Buellers Day Off, Ferris catches a foul ball. It's shown on the Jumbo and national TV, and Principal Rooney just misses it while searching arcades for him.
- Ace Ventura: Pet Detective shows Ace fighting a bird-suited mascot on a Jumbotron at the end of the movie.
- In the Modern Family episode "Family Portrait", Phil and Gloria kiss at a Lakers game because they're on the Jumbotron, and Phil panics because he thinks Claire saw them.
- In one Friends episode, this happens when Mike tries to propose to Phoebe.
- In How I Met Your Mother, Robin and Brad kiss at a "totally not a date" hockey game after being caught on the Kiss Cam. Barney appears out of nowhere to punch out Brad... but hurts his hand as a result of said punching and calls a truce.
- One episode of Seinfeld had George eating very sloppily on the Jumbotron, and the commentators mock him for not using a napkin.
- Good Luck Charlie has this happen when Teddy's Great-Uncle Mel is brought to a baseball game and proceeds to Mooning the players—thankfully, Teddy and Ivy manage to cover Mel with foam hands when the camera predictably ends up on the scene.
- In a Mad cartoon, one sketch shows Edward and Jacob at a sporting event, and they begin to argue, but when surprised by being caught on the Kiss Cam, they slowly lean in for a kiss.... but then quickly back away, seeming disgusted.
- The Simpsons:
- One episode has the "Make an Ass of Yourself!" event for the Jumbo, and it focuses on Bart. He refuses, and so Homer tickles him until Bart wets himself.
- Another has the kiss-cam, only with some rats and two straight guys.
- In another ep, Homer appears on the Jumbo and starts waving to everyone...then the camera pans down to focus on his open fly.
- Played straight in another episode with Homer and Marge kissing.
- In the Megas XLR episode "Terminate Her", Coop first realizes that Jamie and Kiva are in trouble when Jamie appears on the Jumbotron holding hands with a girl, who happens to be Kiva's ancestor. Though his first concern is that they aren't bringing him nachos.
- During the episode "Hookey" of Hey Arnold, Arnold and Gerald are caught on the big screen at a baseball game, much to their horror.