|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Chirault is a fantasy webcomic by Thane, started in 2007 and updated three times a week. There are two plot lines, running parallel, and it's not yet clear how they are connected.
The first concerns two traveling companions: Teeko is a young Kyrion, looking for a mage who can reverse the magic spell that shrank her to a few inches in height. Kiran is a demon hunter (and a demon himself--the first to be employed by the Guild) and a would-be loner who, until meeting Teeko, was solely concerned with his next bounty. They Fight Demons.
In the second plot line, the Mages' Council is attempting to safely dispose of the results of an experiment: a magical simulacrum of the world. Due to its potential use as a Weapon of Mass Destruction, the mages are terrified of what could happen if it falls into the wrong hands. Naturally, it gets stolen.
- Alt Text: Used to provide terse commentary, from here onward.
- Badass and Child Duo: Kiran, a demon and a Hunter of His Own Kind, paired with Teeko, a young Cat Girl. In this case, Teeko had been doing fine on her own even though she was orphaned, until a stray magic spell reduced her to a few inches in height, so Kiran has agreed for her to accompany him until they can find a mage to reverse the spell.
- Bag of Holding
- Blade on a Stick: Kiran's weapon
- Catgirl: Teeko. The species is referred to as Kyrion.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Kiran and Teeko
- Hunter of His Own Kind
- Incredible Shrinking Man: Teeko is accidentally shrunk by an unlicensed mage.
- Just for Pun:
Hunter: Nice job, by the way. How did you kill [the Strider]?
- Magitek: The city of Chirault has a magic-based PA system.
- Morality Pet: Teeko, to Kiran.
- Our Demons Are Different: "Demon" is a blanket term that includes Kyrion like Teeko, horned humanoids like Kiran, skinny frog monsters, devil-crows, and nigh-invincible giants made of tentacles and mud.
- Parental Abandonment: Kiran has no clue who his parents were. Teeko is an orphan--at one point, Kiran crosses paths with the man who killed her parents.
- Plant Person: The tree spirits.
- Pointy Ears: Everybody has them.
- Reality-Changing Miniature: The simulacrum. Touching it by accident results in half a city being flattened.
- Weapon of Mass Destruction: The simulacrum, of course.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Kiran is afraid of insects.