Corey Burton began his voice career at age 17, in an imitation performance of voice actor Hans Conreid for Disney. He studied radio acting with the legendary Daws Butler for four years, and went on to work with nearly all of the original Hollywood radio actors in classic-style radio dramas. He has also done numerous cartoon series for other networks, such as Cartoon Network.
Burton has voiced sound-alikes and original characters for over 50 Disney Storyteller records. His roles include:
- Ludwig Von Drake
- Dale and Zipper in Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers
- Gruffi Gummi and Toadwart in Adventures of the Gummi Bears (following the death of Bill Scott).
- Sigmund Brock in American Dragon Jake Long.
- Ranger Woodlore, Captain Hook, Grumpy, Chernabog, the Horned King, Zeus, and several other characters from House of Mouse.
- Mole in Atlantis the Lost Empire and Atlantis: Milo's Return.
- Onus in Treasure Planet
- Captain Hook in Return to Never Land and Jake and The Neverland Pirates
- Dale, Yen Sid, Captain Hook, Sark, MCP, Shan Yu, Flotsam and Jetsam, and the White Rabbit in the Kingdom Hearts series
- Narrator in Goofy appearances (1992-present)
- V.V. Argost in The Secret Saturdays
- Zeus in God of War.
- Hugo Strange in Batman: Arkham City.
In addition, Burton has done extensive voice work for Disney including feature animations, theme parks, interactive sections of the company, and attractions at the Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort, and Tokyo Disney Resort. In fact, regarding the Floridian resort, he was also one of two narrators in a 1990s PC application called Walt Disney World Explorer, which was a Point and Click "edutainment" title that had slideshows, videos, audio descriptions and even a trivia side game that was all about Disney World. (Specifically, he was the male narrator of the game; the other narrator was a woman.) He also provides the "Feature Presentation" voice on numerous Disney videos. He also overdubbed the voice of Fantasia MC Deems Taylor for a 1980s release, as Taylor's original soundtrack had deteriorated.
Corey Burton is also known to audiences for his role as Brainiac in the DC animated universe. He appeared as Brainiac in six episodes of Superman the Animated Series, two episodes of Static Shock, two episodes of Justice League, five episodes of Justice League Unlimited, and three episodes of Legion of Super Heroes. He has also reprised the role in the MMO DC Universe Online.
Corey Burton is also known to Star Wars fans as the audio double for Christopher Lee as Count Dooku in Star Wars Clone Wars and several Star Wars video games (likewise for Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, doubling over for Lee as DiZ from Kingdom Hearts II and Birth By Sleep). He appeared as Ziro the Hutt and General Lothsome in Star Wars the Clone Wars and also appeared as Captain Mar Tuuk and Cad Bane and reprised his roles as Count Dooku, Ziro The Hutt, and General Lothsome in the movie's television adaptation.
Also well-known to the Transformers universe as the voice of Shockwave, Sunstreaker, Brawn and Spike Witwicky in The Transformers and Megatron, Ratchet, Ironhide and Longarm Prime/Shockwave in Transformers Animated.
He has also played dozens of characters on Adventures in Odyssey, his most frequent as Edwin's assistant Walter Shakespeare.