|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
(...) we are not going for ruling the world. We want to rule the WORLDS of the Web Comics Universe!
—Evil Overlords Chronicles, page 2.
The Crossover Wars was a Massive Multiplayer Crossover that involved over 50 different WebComics and three forums, and spanned more than 1500 comic strips over a 9 month period during the year of 2007.
The Wars were more or less broken up into several smaller fronts:
- The Adult Wars
- The Fantasy Wars
- Jenny Everywhere & the Crossing Over Worlds
- The Forum Wars
- The Sci-Fi Wars
- The Squirrel Wars
- The Super Wars
- The WCA Hunt
A hub with links to all the strips can be found here.
Provides Examples of:
- An Axe to Grind: Hogan's trademark
- Angels Pose: Saru, Gothia & Dotty Lampshaded as well.
- Ascended Fanboy: Most of the participants in the Forum Wars
- Attack Pattern Alpha: Mindmistress's Plan B
- Become a Real Boy: Catnap wants to become human
- Breast Expansion: Used as an attack. NSFW
- Cameo: A LOT.
- Canon Welding
- Cool Gate: The DRACO (Dimensional Reality Arcane Crossover Organizer) used by the Overlords & and the SMOG (Semi-Mystical Otherworldly Gate) portal used by Scale and her allies.
- Crossover: No, seriously?
- Distracted by the Sexy: How Deception got taken out
- Doorstopper: The manual for Scale's armor.
- Even Evil Has Standards: This comic
- Everythings Nuttier With Squirrels: the Squirrel Wars.
- Evil Gloating: Check
- Evil Overlord: The main villains' comic is called Evil Overlords United.
- Eviler Than Thou: Killroy from Killroy And Tina found out that Overlords are even bigger bastards than him when they imprisoned him.
- Fan Service: Scale's guest-artist tries to convince her to do some fanservice for the readers, going as far as drawing one-way mirrors to the bathroom... unfortunately with no success.
- Five-Bad Band: The Evil Overlords
- Fun with Acronyms: DRACO and SMOG
- Funny Animal
- Genre Savvy: Just what you'd expect from someone called The Editor.
- Giant Spider: Personal servants of the Editor.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: Scale has at least once been cursing in Danish, and Zworgue in Quebeccian.
- Homage: Part of this NSFW comic was an homage to this comic.
- Infinite Canvas: Just one example.
- Lie to the Beholder: by members of both sides
- The Merch: Summer the war profiteer.
- Milestone Celebration: Information on the different Overlords revealed at 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, & 100 strips
- Morally-Ambiguous Doctorate: Dr. Catastrophe
- Multiversal Conqueror: Well, at least they tried.
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: Parodied by both Mind Mistress and Lightbringer with members of Evil, Inc..
Mister Threat:I am your undoing - Mister Threat!
- No Fourth Wall: The Overlords know they are webcomics characters.
- Scale is fully aware of herself being character, carrying a lengthy conversation with her guest-artist, going as far as turning a mirror, showing the artist working at the comic while naked on the couch.
- Averted with Mind Mistress who clearly thinks that everybody who believes that she's only a comic-book character is insane.
- Offhand Backhand: Dasien demonstrates
- Orphaned Series: The Limbo of Lost Webcomics is where they go after disappearing from the web.
- Punch Clock Hero: Heroic Helpers, Inc.
- Punch Clock Villain: Evil Extras, LLC.
- Series Hiatus: The Overlords have bombs that can cause this.
- Shout-Out: In the epilogue we can see Dr. Catastrophe and Celine in the famous pose from Crisis on Infinite Earths #4
- Shower Scene: Ooh la la!
- Split-Screen Reaction: Seen here when Zog gained webcomic awareness
- Tank Goodness: The Transmogrificators designed and piloted by Your's Truly.
- Title Drop: Crossover Wars, and for the smaller battles: the Squirrel Wars & the Adult Wars.
- The Unchosen One: Scale
- Villain Protagonist: The Evil Overlords, of course. (When you were reading the comics from their perspective, anyway. To the comics they invaded, they're downright antagonists.)
- Who's on First?: This comic features some confusion over someone passing himself off as an Evil Overlord.