|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Da Boom Crew was a very short-lived 2004 cartoon series created by Bruce Smith (The Proud Family) that aired on Kids WB. Fourteen episodes were made, but the show was such a ratings disaster that only four of them were aired in the United States; the last 10 aired (un-dubbed) in the United Kingdom.
The plot: Four children create a homemade video game, and a power surge throws them into the game. The show details their adventures in this parallel world. They embark on a quest to find their missing game cartridges and stop the villain Zorch from taking control of the cosmos.
This show contains examples of:
- Cut Short: Big time. Only 4 out of 13 episodes were aired in the U.S., though it did have a full run in the U.K.
- Expository Theme Song
- Not a Game
- The Millennium Age of Animation
- Totally Radical: If the title didn't tip you off to this, there's a lot of it in the show.
- Trapped in TV Land/Inside a Computer System: Possibly. It's unclear whether this is their game, or a parallel dimension that looks exactly like it.
- Plot Hole/The Cobbler's Children Have No Shoes: Despite the fact that the kids made the game, they are often surprised by things in the game and confused by enemies and puzzles that they created.