House of the Dragon Trailer - The Loop
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Dangun Feveron provides examples of:
- Affectionate Parody: Of Toaplan's shooters.
- Announcer Chatter: "Bring it on day-ooown!" "You know you have to have it!"
- Everythings Funkier With Disco: One of the distinguishing traits of the game, the other being that it uses the CAVE Bullet Hell Shoot'Em Up gameplay with an old-school visual style.
- Excuse Plot: Intentionally, as part of the Retraux aesthetic.
- Good Bad Bugs: In certain emulators, a glitch involving resetting the game allows you to initialize all high scores to zero. Perfect if you keep track of your scores, because the lowest default high score of 1.2 million can take weeks of practice to attain.
- Guest Fighter: UoPoko the cat
- It's a Wonderful Failure: The announcer, upon you getting a Game Over: "NOOOOOOO!"
- Large Ham: The announcer. HEAVEN IS HERE INSIDE MY SOUL!
- Putting on the Reich: The evil general is putting on Imperial Japan.
- Retraux: The art style is a throwback to older Shoot Em Ups such as Armored Scrum Object.
- Scrappy Mechanic: This game never shows your total score during gameplay; it's only shown at the end of each stage, as well as after getting a high score and ending your game, which wouldn't be as big of a problem if the lowest default high score wasn't difficult to obtain for new players. This caused a huge problem at a recent shmup tournament where many players who couldn't get on the high score table either manually calculated their scores by hand or simply didn't bother to submit scores.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: The theme of the first level is an obvious ripoff of Staying Alive.