|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
This Work page is a stub. You can help All The Tropes by expanding it.
"For all your life you have been hated, ridiculed and persecuted, but now you have the chance to change that, to become a holy knight and finally be free from that torment. Yet, another power swells within you, showing you another path."
Descendant of a Demon Lord is a quest by "nobody_here". It is the story of Celes of Mortality and Sickness, a demon raised by a priest, and the ups and downs of her and her companions' journey to restore the Demon Realms.
It can be read (and played) here on Fiction.live. Warning! The story contains sex (although aside from the occasional map, there are almost no images), and there may or may not be lewd images in chat.
This page needs a better description. You can help this wiki by expanding or clarifying the information given.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Celes in the human realm of Aegis, due to being the daughter of a demon.
- Doorstopper: Over 1,000,000 words long. The website says it is a four day read.
- Due to the Dead: Kveld, Celes's second in command holds the dead in rather high regard.
- Hope Spot: It certainly looked to Pharox's subordinates like Celes did this to Pharox. Pharox is like a centaur, except instead of a horse below the waste, she has a sphinx. Celes lit Pharox's lower half on fire, demanded Pharox surrender before aiding her, and then amputated the half below pharox's humanoid waist. Pharox fell unconscious from the pain.
- Kingmaker Scenario: While lady Lust does have the power to potentially be demon king (making it not a true example of the trope), she is sick of the country being war-torn and would rather back up a serious contender to get the war over with than go it alone (provided the contender lets Lust maintain rule over what she already has). Until she met with Celes, Lust remained neutral in the conflict for the crown hoping the mess would sort itself out without her.
- Shmuck Bait: Celes revealed herself and then channeled her power to establish she was a demon. Alena charged at Celes and Celes retreated into the forest. Despite Michael's warning to stick together, Alena continued to pursue Celes and Alena's group mostly split a part (in part because Soris and Mother can manipulate the forest to make them lost, although this can't separate 2 people that stay close enough to each other from the start).
- Snake Talk: The Gorgon does this in chapter 7
- Succession Crisis: The demon realms are extremely prone to this. The only thing you need to become Demon King is to be a Demon and to get recognition (often at sword point) from everyone else. Well, there may be some other esoteric hurdles. The Queen of Judgements tried to implement a succession system, but she was overthrown by the Demon King of Undead. The story starts out roughly in the 20th year of a succession crisis.
- Too Dumb to Live: Draschine.
- Van Helsing Hate Crime: The church of light is fond of these.
- Villainous Crush: Slaughter loves the long dead Demon King of Undead (who Celes doesn't have a high opinion of). Slaughter also loves who she sees to be the Demon King of Undead's successor, Celes.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Celes is prone to debilitating sea sickness when at sea. Her inner narration and a comment from Lust indicate that this is a ubiquitous vulnerability among demons.
- We Can Rebuild Him: Replace robotic components of this trope with undead components and you have what Celes did to Slaughter after Slaughter got hit with an explosion. Celes did this with undead bits because Slaughter is resistant to Celes’s normal healing techniques (which in the case of maimings tends to involves Appendage Assimilation in any-case). It probably didn't make Slaughter any stronger (and in the short term, definitely didn't).
- Celes has also rebuilt the bodies of 2 other demons, but as of this writing (June 18th 2020) they are still recovering despite Celes's aide. Technically neither of those 2 demons were anything more than acquaintances to Celes, but presumably that will change after they wake up.
- Witch Species: A witch is a human that has turned into an aesthetically very human like monster and is capable of using magic (pure humans can't use magic). A sorcerer is a spell caster that uses magic starting within themself. A Wizard uses magic that is outside of themself, a lot of things pure human priests do is like very basic wizardry.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: Demons are eventually driven mad by their domain. Taken over by it. Unless they die first. As a rule of thumb, the more powerful the demon, the less time they have as a sane person. The most recent demon king, the king of corruption, was driven mad by his domain.
This page needs more trope entries. You can help this wiki by adding more entries or expanding current ones.