|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
- Fairly English Story: To the point where it's considered being a pussy if you react to a wound with anything more than casting Dia.
- Shinji and Warhammer 40 K: Shinji, especially when he's in Principio Eternus, but possibly even more so, Rei.
- Optimus and Starscream in Hate the Dark, but mostly Optimus.
- In the Firefly fic Forward, Mal shows his canon tendencies, but on top of that there's Book, who pulls a You Shall Not Pass when defending River from Reavers. As the story progresses, River herself becomes one as well, up to the "Fourth Interlude" chapter, where little things like a bunch of cracked ribs or having a leg broken, getting shot in the stomach, and getting a concussion from a ricocheting bullet don't stop her from kicking ass.
- Ga'ri in the early parts of Big Sister, still trying to recover from the Gadget Drone incident mentioned in StrikerS carries a baby across a volcanic Death World with what little power she has left, crippling herself again in the process, then manages to fight off a lethal infection and regain use of both her legs and her magic, this time without the help of high-Magitek rehabilitation facilities.
- In Code Geass Mao of the Deliverance, Mao definitely qualifies. He gambles, blackmails, steals, does drugs, flies through a frickin hurricane, takes on soldiers and terrorists and gets shot repeatedly all in his quest to save C.C. and be with her forever.
- In A Hero, Dalek Sec describes the Last Great Time War thus to Homura: On one side, The Time Lords, undisputable masters of the universe and the most experienced Temporal Power there is. On the other, the Daleks, a race born in a world torn apart by war and with a technology that was woefully behind that of the Time Lords. The only thing going for the pepperpots? Sheer, bloody-minded determination.
- In Dragon Age: The Crown of Thorns, the Wise Prince protagonist keeps on going and pulling one plan after another, even though the fact he grew up in a Deadly Decadent Court could have long ago turned him into a self-centered cynic. He also displayed a high physical resilience in the deep roads, up until he stumbled upon a certain someone else and finally decided to allow himself to faint after two days of no sleep, fighting, getting repeatedly injured, tried for fratricide that never happened, dragged through streets in chains, spat on and generally not having a very nice time.
- My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic fanfiction 'The Party Never Ended' has the poor addle-sounding Derpy Hooves determined to fight the supernatural storm, no matter what. And the climax features a Battle in the Center of the Mind. In one corner, the entity that drove Luna into Nightmare Moon via Break the Cutie. In the other, Pinkie Pie with Twilight Sparkle helping. Then Rainbow Dash with Pinkie Pie helping. Then Pinkie Pie by herself. Break The Breaker Of Cuties, anypony?
- Takato , OH DEAR LORD TAKATO. If continuing to fight againgst a hoard of Mega level digimon. despite the fact that your clothes are literaly soaked in your own blood, and you are almost paralysed from your brain cells dying doesn't count as this, nothing does.
- Daemon as well.
Takeru: "Daemon is an extremely powerful foe, and his power has increased in the past fifteen years. His anger and desire for vengeance makes him practically invincible, a berserk fighter who will do anything to win."
- Naruto in The Sealed Kunai. While fighting Hidan and Kakuzu, he holds Kakuzu inside his barrier trap jutsu for one full minute while being sympathetically mutilated by Hidan, who is specifically trying to break his handseal. It eventually lapses when Hidan actually stabs through his hand, but enough time was bought for help to arrive.
- In the Pony POV Series, the Mane Cast and their Sixth Ranger Trixie stop at nothing to defeat Nightmare Whisper, Fluttershy's Super-Powered Evil Side, and save her from herself. By the end of the battle, Pinkie Pie and Applejack are severely cut up by glass (Pinkie Pie from being throw out of a glass window and Applejack from having glass daggers embedded in her back), Twilight and Rainbow Dash have both been sent dangerously close to the Despair Event Horizon, and Trixie has been electrocuted and broken one or more ribs. But the one who takes the cake is Rarity, who has her legs broken and keeps herself in the fight by moving her legs with telekinesis! And then Fluttercruel fights her way out of a Jury of the Damned, getting pretty much mauled by demonic creatures, to get back to help save Fluttershy. She then proceeds to tear the tubes connecting her to Nightmare Whisper out 'by hand, despite the agonizing pain it causes.
- Shane from the My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic fanfiction Article 2. When completely surrounded, wounded, and telekinetically pinned to the ground by Luna, he still struggles. It takes a knockout spell to subdue him.
- Light and Misa in Gods of This New World but especially Misa, who gets up and keeps fighting after she's been stabbed in the chest with a sword.
- Deconstructed in All You Need Is Love:
- Littlepip from Fallout Equestria:
I would fight to to make that bright and innocent past our future again. Even if it means dashing myself against the evil and cruelty of this wasteland until there is nothing left of me. And then, when I am too broken to go on, I will float my dying body right down into the throat of the darkness and make it choke on me.