|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: In the heat of a dangerous situation, the hero or somebody in the Five-Man Band mentions that (s)he would rather not be there.
- Played Straight: Dave: You know, you dragging me out here and getting shot at by a bunch of bad guys isn’t my idea of a good time!
- Exaggerated: Dave: I was perfectly happy sitting at home watching TV, but ‘oh no, it’ll be fun!’ you said! I DON’T THINK IT’S FUN YET!!
- Justified: Getting pulled out of your normal routine into a grand adventure can do this to people, so pretty much every example is justified.
- Inverted: The villain does this.
Evil Overlord: Curses! Why couldn’t I just stay here and watch American Idol in peace?
- Subverted: Dave hates the journey at first, but eventually realizes he’s having a more fulfilling life than before the quest began.
- Double-Subverted: …until the Five-Man Band is forced to deal with a million Goddamned Bats.
- Parodied: “I WANTED TO GO BOWLING!"
- Zig-Zagged: Dave literally flip-flops between enjoying the quest and wishing he’d never tagged along in the first place.
- Averted: Everyone participates in the quest without complaint or any mention of wanting to do something else.
- Enforced: Played for Drama Or Laughs.
Dave: Remember how I said I wanted to stay at home?
- Invoked: The Evil Overlord plants Dave in Bob’s Five-Man Band because he knows that Dave is going to complain the whole way about how he wanted to stay at home, thereby causing discord within the group.
- Defied: ?
- Exploited: ?
- Discussed: ?
- Conversed: ?
Back to Didn't Want an Adventure.