|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Best friends Mitch (Norm MacDonald) and Sam (Artie Lange) need $50,000 to get Sam's father a life-saving heart operation. Problem is, both are completely incompetent when it comes to holding down a job. That is, until they figure out they can make a living out of the one thing they're actually good at: Revenge!
- Beauty Inversion: Rebecca Romijn plays the Bearded Lady.
- The Cameo: Don Rickles as the theater owner. Also, Adam Sandler as Satan, and Gary Coleman as himself. Oh, also, John Goodman as the mayor.
- Comedic Sociopathy
- Comically Missing the Point: In the theater, one man of the audience fails to realize that the production has been completely ruined by our heroes and applauds with amusement and compliments the cast as if all of the scandalous events were part of the show.
- Dumbass Has a Point: For a big lummox, Sam is surprisingly astute at times, like when he figures out Kathy likes Mitch because she's so pissed off at him, or when he points out how he knows when Mitch is lying.
- Gone Horribly Right: A guy hires the pair to get back at some obnoxious and noisy neighbors. The pair break into the house and hide fish all over the house to stink up the place. Suddenly said neighbors arrive prompting the two to hide. The neighbors turn out to be mobsters carrying out a drug deal. One of them says "Smells like fish in here," which the others mistake for some sort of code phrase and accuse him of wearing a wire causing a brutal massacre to occur (see Sound-Only Death below). Then the employer shows up...
Employer: That's it! The noise has GOT TO STOP! [sees the horrible carnage]...Oh my God! I never asked you to do this!
- Groin Attack: Pops McKenna can really squeeze a pair of balls.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Kind of a funny example:
Mitch: Are you with me?
- Let Us Never Speak of This Again: After they find out they're half-brothers, Mitch and Sam reminisce.
Sam: Remember in the second grade when we used those rusty soda can tops to become blood brothers? Well, it was really a bunch of trouble for nothing because we were already brothers!
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Mitch finds out after Pops' heart attack that he's his father.
Kathy: You two are brothers?
- Morally-Ambiguous Doctorate: Doctor Farthing (Chevy Chase) offers to push Pops up on the heart-donor list if they'll help him pay off his gambling debts.
- Mushroom Samba: Mitch has this after eating tainted brownies.
- Parallel Porn Titles: Men in Black Who Like To Have Sex With Each Other
- Rape Discretion Shot: Played for Laughs with the Prison Rape scene. Not only is the rape itself not shown, but Mitch's reaction is comically understated.
- Running Gag: Mitch's Notes to Self; actually becomes a plot point.
- Sound-Only Death: The fish scene.
Show this guy what we do to cops!
- Trapped by Gambling Debts: Dr. Farthing is demanding $50,000 because he needs to pay off his bookie.
- Urine Trouble:
Sam, are you pissing off the side of the building?