Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
The game takes place in a large and old apartment complex called the Edward Arms where a young man named Eddie has been locked in the basement, and needs your help to get him out. Of course, once you get him out, the fun begins....
This Video Game contains examples of:
- Ax Crazy: Eddie is revealed to be this.
- Benevolent Architecture: Eddie tells you at the beginning that he designed the entire security system with traps around the apartment, because the neighbourhood sucks. Later, Lyle the Handyman will set up some traps of his own.
- Big No: Eddie yells this a few times when you trap him at the end of the game.
- Cliff Hanger: Eddie presumably snatches the Egyptian statue and causes the vault containing treasure to be sealed again. The ending seems to be a Sequel Hook, but no sequel has been made.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: Eddie loves his mother very much, possibly to Oedipus Complex levels.
- Game Over Man: Some of the Game Over sequences have Lyle the Handyman (played by R. Lee Ermey) take this role.
- Genre Savvy: After being attacked by a mummy who turned out to be Eddie a few times, three people hurry to Brutus's room. Why? Because they decided that they need a gun to shoot their attacker, and since they know Brutus has had dealings with the Mafia, they figure who better to come to for a gun? They didn't get a gun, but at least they tried, didn't they?
- G-Rated Sex: There's one scene where Lyle and Elizabeth have sex. You don't actually see it, but it is strongly implied to have occurred between them.
- Hero Antagonist: Lyle the Handyman is definitely this.
- Intrepid Reporter: Alex is very much this. She ends up getting a story, and then some!
- Lady in Red: Elizabeth, the apartment manager, is very much this.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Lyle the Handyman is Eddie's father, and Elizabeth, the apartment manager, is Eddie's mother.
- Madwoman in the Attic: It is revealed in the game that Eddie was locked in the apartment building basement by his own father, Lyle, who was just trying to protect people from Eddie.
- Mama Didn't Raise No Criminal: Eddie's mother knows that her son is insane. However, she is strongly in denial over it and even acts as his accomplice at one point.
- Meaningful Name: "Brutus" is a Latin name that can be interpreted as "brute" or "stupid". The character himself proves to be pretty stupid in some ways.
- Oedipus Complex: Eddie gives off very strong vibes of this, because he apparently wishes that his father was dead, and he loves his mother.
- Properly Paranoid: Eddie set up traps all the building out of apparent paranoia. The scary thing is that he is both right and wrong. He is right because there are Mafia goons as well as secret society members who start running loose in the building. He is wrong because he is dangerously insane and wants an Egyptian statue that everyone is after.
- Psychopathic Manchild: Eddie seems to be this.
- Scooby-Doo Hoax: Roughly around the middle of the game, an Egyptian mummy runs around trying to trap and/or kill people. It's Eddie in disguise, and he dressed up like one so that he could get an Egyptian statue without anyone figuring out it was him.
- Stating the Simple Solution: At the end of the game, Lyle has Eddie at his mercy, and he asks everyone what should be done with the guy. Brutus says "Just nail him!" However, Lyle ends up activating a trap that sends Eddie flying around a couple of times, and then through a Trap Door, supposedly sending him back to the basement.
- Take That: "Tell Mario and Luigi their days are numbered!"
- Trap Door: A number of the traps are essentially this, but some of them are a little more complex than that.
- Villain Protagonist: Eddie is revealed to be this later on.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Early on, Eddie needs your help to escape the basement he's trapped in. After you free him, he goes on a rampage, and when he realizes that you are thwarting him, he will try to cut off your connection to the security system, and you will have to stop him from doing so.