|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Story: In 1862, a small and overlooked battle was fought at Dovecote Crest in Arkansas. Today, a small and overlooked company of Civil War reenactors fights the good fight once more. Charlie Grant, alongside her friends Tess and Ben, finds herself temporarily employed at Dovecote Crest as a Union soldier – a position she finds frustrating in the face of her desire to be a “real historian”. But even as she finds herself being offered a museum job, Jeremy Lee, the director of the reenactment, begins to show her a very different way of seeing and understanding history, the Civil War, and perhaps their own relationship…
You can read the comic here.
Provides examples of:
- Art Evolution: So much. If you don’t like the art at first, stick with it. It’s well worth your time.
- Cannot Spit It Out
- Description Cut
- If I Do Not Return: Not played straight. Jeremy (the Civil War reenactor) just thinks this will add to the verisimilitude.
- Important Haircut: Lampshaded.
- I See Them, Too
- Playing Cyrano: Ben decides to try this out, but is only partially successful.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: Conversed briefly.