|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Ah, yes. Have you ever met that person who's repulsive, annoying, unnerves you and everything about them is wrong? Well, keep thinking it while you can, because one of these days you're gonna end up marrying them! Yup, that's right; if you have a sworn enemy, a nemesis of the highest order, most likely it just masks sexual tension and you're destined for romance... it's in all the movies.
Anime & Manga
- Dragon Half has Mink's parents. He was a famous Dragon Slayer, she was a dragon woman, and they ended up falling in love after he was sent to hunt her down.
Film — Animated
Film — Live-Action
- The Old Guard: Joe and Nicky used to be enemies since they were both crusaders on opposite sides of the war who after finding about their immortality kept trying to kill each other before becoming friends and eventually lovers.
- Rey and Kylo Ren in the Star Wars films.
- Dawson's Creek — Andie and Pacey Crash Into Hello then proceed to bicker Like an Old Married Couple until they realise it's a different kind of tension.
- Joey and Pacey can't stand each other for the first couple of seasons then suddenly, romance a-brewing and they even end up together at the end of the series.
- Frasier — and his boss, Kate Costas.
- Hannibal: Will and Hannibal
- Legends of Tomorrow — Nora Darhk is an enemy of the Legends until she shows signs of trying to become better and Ray falls in love with her.
- Legends of Tomorrow - Ava Sharpe and the Time Bureau are enemies of the Legends until Sara and Ava slowly become closer and end up falling in love.
- Riverdale — Reggie and Veronica
- Roswell — the constant bickering eventually leads to this for Michael and Maria
- That '70s Show: Jackie and Hyde
- Veronica Mars: Logan and Veronica
- The Wilds: Shelby and Toni at first didn't get along,especially after Shelby is exposed as a homophobe,but soon they get together.
Video Games and Visual Novels
- Happens rather frequently in Visual Novels and Dating Sims, if the Player Character romances an antagonistic enough Love Interest. ie., in Shall We Date Ninja Shadow Saori (the PC) is an Action Girl from a Vigilante Man group who can date guys from other vigilante groups who work more or less directly against hers, or even guys from revolutionary groups that seek to overthrow the Tokugawa Shogunate that indirectly employs her and her friends.