Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
List Of Works
- Shallow Grave: Alex
- Trainspotting: Renton
- The Pillow Book: Jerome
- Emma 1996: Frank Churchill
- Brassed Off: Andy Barrow
- Night Watch (The Remake): Martin Bells
- Velvet Goldmine: Curt Wild
- Star Wars The Phantom Menace: Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Moulin Rouge: Christian
- Black Hawk Down: John Grimes
- Down With Love: Catcher Block
- Big Fish: Young Edward Bloom
- Robots: Rodney
- Valiant: Valiant
- The Island: Lincoln Six Echo /Tom Lincoln
- Stormbreaker: Ian Rider
- I Love You Phillip Morris: Phillip Morris
- Angels and Demons: Camerlengo Patrick McKenna
- The Men Who Stare at Goats: Bob Wilton
- The Ghost Writer: GhostWriter
That's not even all of them!
- Actor Allusion: A completely accidental one happened during The Men Who Stare at Goats, which was based on a true story. They really did refer to the men as "Jedi". McGregor just also happened to have played a Jedi Knight in Star Wars.
- Badass Biker: He is indeed. See his Long Way Around and Long Way Down series, that consist of travelling all the way around the world by motorbike. A third journey (through South America) is forthcoming.
- The Cast Showoff: His singing voice.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Dyeing for Your Art: Multiple times. Note his blond hair in I Love You Phillip Morris
- Fake American
- Fake Brit: His accent in Star Wars, though that's more like Fake English. He is British (Scottish) anyway, but affected an English accent for Star Wars.
- Fan Service: He isn't shy about showing off.
- Faux Yay: Is straight, but has no problem behaving very affectionately with his male friends. Legendarily and infamously kissed Star Wars co-star Hayden Christensen at the Revenge of the Sith premier, and is on record for "quite enjoying" tonguing Jim Carrey on and off screen.
- Happily Married
- Hot Dad: Has 4 daughters.
- Hey, It's That Guy!
- Japandering: A lot of them.
- Money, Dear Boy: His reason for doing many of his blockbuster films is to get enough money so he can concentrate on smaller films that would give him little payment. Usually Scottish indie films.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: His American accent in I Love You Phillip Morris does waver in several scenes.
- Promoted Fanboy: "I've been waiting nearly twenty years to have my own light saber. Nothing's cooler than being a Jedi Knight."
- Star-Making Role: Trainspotting
- Typecasting: Averted. He turned down the role of James Bond in the 2006 film so this wouldn't happen.