Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- And the Fandom Rejoiced: Facebook finally eliminated the problem of incessant notifications for ongoing threads by lumping all the recent comments into one notification, as well as giving you the option of unsubscribing yourself from the thread.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: The ever-expanding No Hope for the Human Race comedy group is this.
- Fan Hater: Many opponents of Facebook have a Holier Than Thou attitude towards people who do use it.
- Fandom Rivalry: With every. site. ever. Okay not literally. But its biggest rivals are Google Plus, Tumblr, and Twitter.
- Good Bad Bugs: If you make a fanpage with the title in Chinese characters, Facebook fails to distinguish whether you're writing said characters as part of Chinese or Japanese and as such the URL will have the characters romanized as if they were part of Chinese regardless of context.
- Hype Aversion
- Hype Backlash: Particularly Oop North.
- Internet Backdraft: Expect any discussion of Facebook outside of a social networking site to be derailed by anti-Facebook rants.
- Memetic Mutation: 98% of teenagers would die if Facebook shut down. Copy and paste this to your sig if you are part of the 2% that would sit back and laugh.
- That Awkward Moment when you realize that you are one of them.
- You might want to make that 98% of the population. There are some facebook-crazy adults too, and they're not all under 25.
- Nightmare Fuel: The Ashleigh Hall incident, and a few other ones.
- Paranoia Fuel: Facebook pretty much has all of your personal information, your tastes, and your social circle.
- Of course, you could simply not put it there to begin with.
- The founders of Facebook have proven themselves to be skillful hackers.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: Many noticable changes tend to get flak from many users. The more major ones will result in various protest groups with memberships of at least 1 million users.
- One word: timeline.
- What the Hell, Hero?: The reaction of some when British Police officers arrested a sixteen year old youth after he showed up in order to pick up drugs that they had offered him while posing as a similarly aged girl on Facebook. Various parties have pointed out, what sixteen year old wouldn't agree to doing something this stupid if they thought it had the chance to get them laid? Not to mention that before they entrapped him, he had never done anything illegal.
- Not to mention, this raises the question of how certain you are that some of your "friends" aren't really undercover cops trying to bust you? Enjoy the Paranoia Fuel what might happen you click that add button...