Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- Acting for Two: Kenji Utsumi voiced both Raoh and Kaioh in the original anime run.
- Actor Allusion: Jakoh's voice actor in the anime is Shigeru Chiba, who, in addition to being the show's narrator, also voiced the Filler Villain Joker. Given who he was modeled after, the casting of Chiba as Jakoh was obviously deliberate.
- Creator Backlash: The original manga creator, Buronson, utterly despises Akira Kamiya as Kenshiro. As such, he has gone to great lengths to ensure that Kamiya never touches the role again, hence why the series has had so many recasts for the characters over the years. Ironically, Kamiya is widely regarded by fans worldwide as the greatest actor to ever voice Kenshiro.
- According to the Ore-tachi no sukina Hokuto no Ken anime guide, Buronson and editor Nobuhiko Horie were livid at some of the insane filler content that Toei's writers were coming up with during the show's first season that clashed with the serious tone they were trying to set up with the manga. The Nanto Ningen Hodan (South Star Human Cannonball) technique from episode 19 ultimately proved to be the straw that broke the camel's back. As a result, they became more creatively involved with the anime from the second season onward.
- Fan Nickname: While technically "Sunagumo" (Sand Spider) was a derisive nickname Falco gave him, many fans refer to the Nameless Shura as such to differentiate him from the other nameless Shura warriors in the series.
- The "Jesus Rainbow Beam", for Toki's Hokuto Ujou Hagan Ken (North Star Humanist Face Breaking Fist).
- "Nuclear Jesus" for Toki himself
- Hey, It's That Voice!: In the Streamline Pictures dub of the movie, Kiba Daioh/Boss Fang was voiced by none other than James Avery (aka The Shredder and Uncle Phil) and Shin was voiced by Steve Blum.
- What Could Have Been: The "Dream Mode" of Hokuto Musou is this in a nutshell.
- Mr. Heart was originally going to be renamed "Elephant" in the 1986 movie to go along with the animal Theme Naming of Jackal and Fox (Jagi's two underlings in the movie).
- The Wiki Rule: Hokuto Renkitōza