|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Flight is a series of episodic comics, written and drawn by a variety of artists and edited by Kazu Kibushi (author of Amulet). They range from lighthearted to deep, simplistic to vivid, and bizarre to moderately sane. Known for its inventive compilation of different styles, Flight has been well-recieved by critics and readers alike. It's an ongoing series with the 7th volume just released.
This series provides examples of:
- An Aesop: Amy Kim Ganter's "Food from the Sea:" pointless competition is bad, 'mmkay?
- Bilingual Dialogue: Occasionally, like Richard Pose's story "Béisbol."
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Tons; Kean Soo's "Jellaby" series is particularly fond of them.
- Mood Whiplash: Sweet, lighthearted cartoons can be placed right next to bloody Speculative Fiction and down-to-Earth drama.
- Spoof Aesop: "The Maiden and the River Spirit" by Derek Kirk Kim directly references the eponymous fairytale, then completely subverts it.
- Tear Jerker: All over the place, such as in "Cellmates" and "Premium Cargo."
- "Polaris" (Vol.3, Pg. 182) GOOD GOD POLARIS.