|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
You are getting increasingly frustrated. Your Love Interest is ignoring your affections for him/her, even though you're making it oh so blatantly obvious. And you love him/her so much, so much that you can't stand it, that you wish he/she would stop ignoring you, and stop being so oblivious to your love for him/her. What do you gotta do?
Why, grab him/her, pull them close to you and plant a big wet one right on those lips that you've been dying to kiss for so long! And of course, you may not think about what possible consequences that your actions could bring you, since you are just too damn excited at being able to be so close to your love.
Note, engaging in this trope means that you may be a bit overly confident in your attempts to "woo" someone, you may have no idea how to actually do the whole romance thing, or you just couldn't help yourself, and you simply had to get your feelings across somehow.
Sometimes overlaps with "Shut Up" Kiss. It may also happen to a person who is the victim in a I Have You Now, My Pretty moment. Compare Victim Falls For Rapist. May or may not hint at an Attempted Rape.
Anime & Manga
- Overused in Hentai along with its sister trope "Shut Up" Kiss.
- Pictured above: Near the beginning of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Dio Brando steals Jonathan Joestar's girlfriend Erina's Sacred First Kiss as part of his grand plan to humiliate him. It backfires massively: Jonathan is more mad about Dio's attack on Erina than his "honor", and beats the fuck out of Dio.
- Shugo Chara, where famous Idol Singer Utau Hoshina forcefully kisses the mysterious cat-boy Ikuto Tsukuyomi, much to the shock and horror of Amu, Kukai and their Charas (to quote Ran, "It's an adult's world!"). And it becomes Squick once you realize how they are related: she's his sister...
- And Ikuto himself is so displeased that he slaps her away.
- Romeo gives Juliet one in Romeo X Juliet. Complete with romantic bridge setting and fireworks.
- Louise plants a kiss on Saito for their Master-Familiar contract in the first episode of Zero no Tsukaima. She also does this again at the end of the first season.
- It's also used by Agnes to Louise and Henrietta to Saito, as part of a Fake-Out Make-Out ploy.
- To keep Riku quiet so he won't be discovered Dark surprises her with a forceful kiss in an episode of D.N.Angel.
- Not quite forceful, but Akito still manages to steal an unexpected kiss from Sana in Kodomo no Omocha. Her reaction was...well...animated.
- Girls Bravo: The Fukuyama siblings are quite fond of using this trope when it comes to their objects of affection. Kosame does this to Kirie once too.
- Soubi to Ritsuka in an episode of Loveless.
- Done by Koizumi to Otani in Lovely Complex. And Otani does this to Koizumi when confessing to her.
- In Mahou Sensei Negima, since a kiss on Negi is required for a Pactio and Haruna really wanted the Artifact that comes with the Pactio, she does this on Negi. Twice.
- Not that that's the only time that happened on Negi, nor the only reason. Evangeline once forced a kiss on Negi too, "as a fee for her advice. Asking favors from an evil mage always requires payment."
- There also the part with the multiple fake Negi: One of them tries to forcefully kiss Yue, and explodes after she repels him.
- In particular, "Nugi" makes a reappearance as a golem that Haruna made for the girls to practice their Pactio kisses on. Naturally, it doesn't go as planned, and Akira suffers for it.
- There was also that whole "Wish made too close to the power-leaking world tree turns Negi into a kissing Determinator" incident, where Negi gave a Forceful Kiss to Asuna.
- And then there's the multi-page Pactio by Negi to Chachamaru. Negi's Forceful Kisses break laws of magic!
- In chapter 252 Konoka gives Setsuna one of these for their Pactio.
- Akito in Air Gear suddenly did this to Ikki once.
- Kish from Tokyo Mew Mew does this to Ichigo twice.
- Prince Diamond attempts to do this to Sailor Moon twice. And in the manga and Crystal, he gets away with it.
- In Mirai Nikki Yuno does this to Yukiteru immediately after she finally meets him. It's actually kind of scary.
- And in chapter 50 Akise does this to Yukiteru.
- The kiss that Yukki got from Tsubaki was like this, too.
- Momo from Peach Girl has this happen to her by Kairi's brother Ryo. She manages to fight him off, before he can take it further, though. This is also Sae's favorite seduction tactic.
- Naruto received this in a form of a Kiss of Death (a kiss that sucks chakra out of your system) in a Filler episode by a female villain.
- Happened a few times in Marmalade Boy. One specific scene is when Yuu was crossdressing as a girl for a job, and Suzu comes up, grabs him, and suddenly kisses him.
- In episode 3, Ginta forcefully kisses Miki. It happens to her again in episode 58, but Michael's the culprit this time.
- Ranma ½'s admirers, namely Kodachi and Shampoo, have attempted to do this on occasion. Most notably, when Shampoo suddenly kissed him after meeting up with him again at Akane's house.
- Full Metal Panic!: What Leonard does to Kaname during their first meeting. Kaname gets really pissed at him for stealing the Sacred First Kiss that she wanted to be with Sōsuke.
- In D.Gray-man, Road does this to Allen. He (along with everyone else) goes into thundershock.
- Aion does this to Rosette in the anime version of Chrono Crusade. Twice.
- In Change 123, when Kosukegawa first wants to confess to Motoko that he loves her, and hesitates to do so, Motoko suddenly switches to her Bokukko alternate personality Hibiki and gives him this.
- Sinbad has grabbed Kaitou Jeanne and kissed her at least twice. The first time, Jeanne was too shocked to do anything, but the second time she immediately shoved him away (then wondered where he went; maybe a rooftop wasn't the best place for that).
- In Neon Genesis Evangelion, Asuka forcibly claims her first kiss from Shinji, holding his nose while their lips are locked so that he is about to pass out by the time she lets him go. Given that it's Evangelion, it's naturally a hugely unromantic moment and doesn't lead anywhere - if anything, it makes things worse later on.
- In chapter 7 of Sensual Phrase the blonde foreigner Ralph surprises Aine with a forceful kiss when her boyfriend and his half-brother Sakuya is not around.
- Ryoki of Hot Gimmick loves to do this to his
- Fushigi Yuugi has Suboshi give one to Yui as he confesses his love for her. She shoves him away, and Tomo appears to warn Suboshi not to touch the priestess until after Seiryuu is summoned.
- Nakago once does this to Tamahome.
- Nuriko gives one to Tamahome to rile Miaka up, since he's jealous of the attention she's getting from Nuriko's crush Hotohori.
- In Chapter 145 of Skip Beat Sho does this to Kyouko.
- Pip Bernadotte from Hellsing tries to do this to Seras twice. He finally succeeds in planting one on her shortly before his death, which doubles as a Last Kiss.
- Boys Over Flowers: In the episode "Domyoji Tsukasa Snaps" Domyoji does this to Makino.
- Girl Friends: Mari and Akko's second and third kisses.
- In episode 3 of Ookamikakushi Issei tries to do this to Hiroshi. The whole scene is quite creepy.
- In Strawberry Panic Yaya does this to Hikari at the end of episode 13. In the following episode when we see the scene again Hikari shoves Yaya to the floor when Yaya starts to grope her. An understandable reaction seeing as how Kaname had just tried to rape her before that.
- In Junsui Adolescence, Kiiko forces a kiss on her friend Abi believing that that is as far as she will ever get. Then Abi forces a kiss on Kiiko when the girl tries to run off.
- In Rave Master, Lucia does this to Elie, causing her to cry and enraging Haru to the point of wanting to kill him.
- In Infinite Stratos, Laura Bodewig forces her tongue down Ichika's throat and declares that they are going to be married.
- In Taboo Tattoo, the Big Bad princess does this to the heavily exhausted and defenseless main character in chapter 9.
- In After School Nightmare, Sou sexually assaults Mashiro twice—first forcing a kiss on him and later actually attempting to rape him. Mashiro nevertheless falls for him.
- In Sekaiichi Hatsukoi, Takano forcefully kissed Onodera... only to show a mangaka how a kissing scene should look like. They are shoujo manga editors.
- Played for horror in Berserk when Griffith kisses Casca as he's viciously raping her in front of her lover Guts. As a finale to this heinous act, he forcefully tongue kisses her as he explicitly rapes her from behind, making sure Guts sees every detail of what he's been doing to her.
- Guts also forcefully kissed Casca when his Enemy Within almost drove him to rape her.
- And then Slan kisses Guts in Qliphoth.
- Miyabi Fujisaki once forces a kiss on Mizore in Rosario Plus Vampire.
- Used twice in Mawaru Penguindrum. In episode 9 Sanetoshi fails to give one to the possessed Himari since she stops him, but the episode after that Masako succeeds into planting another on Kanba.
- Stardust Wink: Enomoto tries to on Anna.
- Marchen Awakens Romance: The Phantom attempted this on Alviss at least twice. The first time was during Ginta’s nightmare and the second was when Alviss got captured and he had him in his grasp. Fortunately, Alviss was smart enough to pull away fast enough the second option. The first one, Nanashi saved him. Then again, this was Ginta's dream so...
- Reimei no Arcana: Caesar pulls forced kisses on Nakaba in the first chapter.
- Ai no Kusabi: Iason's favorite method to calm Riki down when the Pet Ring doesn't. On at least one occasion it's just to shut Riki up.
- In Pandora Hearts chapter 3 Alice does this to Oz.
- In episode 7 of Mirage of Blaze Naoe tries to do this to Kagetora but Kagetora shoves him away.
- Setsuna F. Seiei receives one from Nena Trinity.
- In Airmaster Nagato asks Kinjiro to kiss him to make his pain go away and he does so rather forcefully. Nagato feels better afterwards, Kinjiro however feels sick.
- In Nightwalker Cain plants one of these on Shido.
- Koharu no Hibi: Koharu does this to Akira in chapter 12. In chapter 16 Koharu does this to Mika because she wanted to be the one to be Akira's first kiss and Mika kissed him first so she was taking his kiss back.
- Haru wo Daiteita: Katou to Iwaki.
- In Hekikai no AiON, Sheila does this to implant the Mushis forcefully into human hosts,. Her first victim is the loca School Nurse, Youko-Sensei.
- In Saiunkoku Monogatari, Sa Sakujun does this to Shuurei... while bleeding heavily from the mouth due to a self-inflicted case of lethal poisoning. Shuurei is understandably upset about it for several reasons.
- Hyakujitsu no Bara: Klaus to Taki before they have sex.
- Subverted in GoLion (and, surprisingly, kept in Voltron): Sincline/Lotor tries this on Amue/Romelle during her time as his prisoner, but she slaps him away.
- In the arc The Making Of Baron Fel, Director of Imperial Intelligence Ysanne Isard kisses the Ace Pilot Soontir Fel, testing his loyalty with a combination of seduction and We Can Rule Together. He shoves her off him and tells her no. Fel is Happily Married and doesn't want anyone knowing that his wife Wynssa is related to a Rebel Ace Pilot.
- Luke Skywalker is subjected to a number of these in Marvel Star Wars, probably because he's never really willing to make the first move. A lot of them come from a woman named Dani who he's only interested in as a friend; eventually he stops reacting with shock and dismay and just casually dodges.
- Happens in the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series in the story entitled Sky Highway. In an alternate dimension, Raphael lands in the passenger side of Hildagaard Rail's car. She was a blonde german woman who had long legs and wore a dress that exposed her ample cleavage. However, spending time in this dimension mutated her giving Hildagaard gigantic lips that went practically from forehead to chin and ear to ear. When Raphael tried to leave her vehicle she grabbed him by the streams of his bandana, pulled him close and said "Shut up and kiss me, you dumkoff!" Her long passionate forced smooch left a lipstick mark that covered Raphael's entire beak and even got on his teeth. When Raphael managed to get away from her Hidagaard Rail called out, "Unt I was sure you would turn into a prince! Auf Wiedershen loverboy!"
- In the Haruhi Suzumiya fanfic Kyon: Big Damn Hero Haruhi does this to Kyon while holding him by a Necktie Leash.
- In this Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney fanfic, where Damon Gant's Memetic Molester status is taken Up to Eleven (not played for laughs).
- DC Nation: Starfire's fantastic restraint was demonstrated aptly when Cyborg snapped her out of Unstoppable Rage brought on by a Red Lantern Ring. Yup. Middle of a battlefield during Blackest Night, and Kory stops to plant on on her teammate - right before flying back in to kick some more Black Lantern butt.
- In Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Elizabeth is taken to Captain Sao Feng's chambers where they talk for a bit before he plants a violent kiss on her. (An explosion soon interrupts him.)
- In Princess Diaries Josh does this to Mia in front of some photographers after they chant for him to do so, publicly humiliating her.
- Done in a number of Cary Grant movies, most notably Arsenic and Old Lace, generally to shut up some dame.
- Subverted in Ratatouille: Linguini does this to Collette but only because Remy prods him into it. A little clip from a French film Linguini is watching earlier shows a man inflicting this on a woman with passionate results -- apparently this is just the way things are done in Paris.
- Black Widow. Happens as a Foe Yay moment from the Black Widow Serial Killer to the female FBI agent.
- The first film of The Mummy Trilogy. Imhotep plants one on Evy in her sleep. It doesn't help that when she awakens, his mouth has become decayed. Later, there is a subversion where Evy FORCES HERSELF to kiss Imhotep to prevent him from killing her rescuers.
- In the second Shrek movie Prince Charming does this to Fiona at the ball.
- In the 1981 horror film Fear No Evil, the teenage Antichrist is being taunted in the shower by the Jerk Jock as being gay, but eventually he turns the tables on his tormentor by attacking him with a very long and forceful kiss on the mouth.
- In Captain America: The First Avenger, Steve gets forcibly pulled into a kiss with a flirty secretary, only to be caught by his Love Interest Peggy.
- In the original "Karate Kid", one of these leads to relationship troubles for the protagonist.
- Jasmine to Jafar in Aladdin to distract him from discovering Aladdin.
- Bond's seduction of Pussy Galore in Goldfinger starts this way, until things continue more consensually. In the book, on the other hand...
- Auntie Suga does this to Craig in Next Friday since she had a really big crush on him despite the fact that she is sleeping with his uncle. When Suga motions for Craig to give her a kiss on the cheek goodbye she grabs him and forceably rams her tongue down his throat.
- "Some Like It Hot", Sugar Kane is performing a sad song after getting dumped by her latest beau, Junior. At that moment, Joe (disguised as Josephine) rushes by, grabs her and kisses her right in front of the audience.
- In Heathers, done to Veronica a lot by J.D., even though most of those could cross over into the unwanted "Shut Up" Kiss.
- Jacob does this to Bella twice in Twilight, the second time with a little more calculation.
- Sandor to Sansa in A Clash of Kings; Sansa later recalls "how it felt, when his cruel mouth pressed down on her own." Or she would, if the kiss had ever actually happened. Later actually does happen, with Littlefinger. The first kiss, she "remembers" with fondness... the second, not so much.
- Amelia from John C. Wright's Chronicles of Chaos tends to run into these. It causes her much anguish that her love interest is too much of a gentleman to try this.
- Given Ambrosio believes he is committing rape out of love in The Monk, this isn't surprising. Of course, he only freaks out Antonia.
Live Action TV
- In Oz, Ryan becomes Dr. Nathan's Stalker with a Crush after she helps him through his battle with breast cancer, and in one instance, forcibly kisses her, among other things.
- Keller does this to Beecher twice. Once after knocking him out and handcuffing him to a chair, the other right before killing himself in such a way to make Beecher look guilty.
- Claire Howell does this to any guy that captures her predatory interest.
- Gordon Brittas (played by Chris Barrie), the eponymous character from the British comedy series The Brittas Empire, daydreams about deputy manager Laura and himself; the fantasy sequence starts with him being entirely oblivious to her desperately trying to tell him how much she loves him. Finally she gets fed up with this and starts kissing him passionately. Just then, Brittas is jolted out of his daydream when the door opens and the real Laura comes in.
- Odo and Kira's first kiss in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine -- Odo pulls Kira in for a kiss in front of everyone on the Promenada after he "suggests" it and she replies, "Well, why don't you?"
- Finally happens in Angel after Fred's spent several episodes trying to hint at her feelings for Wesley, while he's been too distracted and selectively oblivious to notice. After confronting him and trying to explain how she's been trying really hard to get him to notice her, and leaving him speechless in the process, she finally gives up explaining it and just runs across the office to grab and kiss him. Since he'd already been in Unrequited Love with her for the past few seasons, he had no objections.
- How Kate finally gets her point across to Robin in Robin Hood. She's been acting weird, Robin yells: "Why are you so angry with me?" and she grabs him and kisses him.
- This is how Gretchen in Heroes makes her crush on Claire known.
- In The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Zack persuades Cody to skip school. Near the end, when he is caught, he grabs and kisses a singer.
- In Glee, Kurt confronts Karofksy about the latter's homophobic bullying. The argument becomes heated, and Karofsky kisses Kurt. He goes in for a second kiss, but a shocked Kurt pushes him away.
- In the Canadian mini-series, Hitler: The Rise of Evil, Hitler plants one on his niece after her attempted escape, crossing this with a "Take That!" Kiss.
- On The X-Files, Mulder kisses a woman who looks like Scully (but isn't, thanks to a Wizard of Oz dream) right before he jumps off the ship he's marooned on. The woman does not take it lightly, and gives him a sound punch to the face.
- This probably also counts as a Now or Never Kiss, since the reason he kisses her is that he isn't sure if the timeline (he's trapped in the past) will return back to normal, and he'll ever see the real Scully again in the present. So he decides to kiss the next best thing, "in case we never meet again".
- ICarly: Sam kisses Freddie at the end of iOMG. The reaction is yet to be seen.
- iLost My Mind picked up on the cliff hanger. Now they're in the middle of a four-episode love arc.
- This is how J.D. and Elliot share their first kiss on Scrubs.
- Soap Operas love this. It could be the guy kissing the girl, the girl kissing the guy, the girl kissing the other girl.
- Guiding Light: A (slightly) drunk Olivia kisses Natalia like this. That was their first, and only, on-screen kiss. They lived happily ever after though.
- Korean drama Goong had the prince do this to the female protagonist twice. First time, we don't see her reaction, though at the freeze-frame, she looked notably shocked. The second time, she slapped him.
- Lana Shields does this to Jack Tripper several times on Three's Company. At times Jack seems to enjoy the kissing while it takes all of his energy to resist her feminine wiles. At one point he had to control his heavy breathing while she approached him. Another time she forcefully made out with him, and his body went numb as if he resigned. Jack was repelled because she was older than he was but once she got her lips on him it was difficult for Jack to get away. Eventually Lana was written off the show because it seemed illogical that Jack wouldn't return her affections.
- Attempted unsuccessfully at the end of Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
- Tira's Critical Finish in Soul Calibur IV is basically this, except it kills you.
- Happens at Yuna and Seymour's wedding in Final Fantasy X. It is incredibly squicky for several reasons: How much Yuna doesn't want it, how much Seymour on the other hand does, Tidus' reaction, and the fact that Seymour is dead at the time.
- A moment later she angrily wipes her lips on her arm as a non-verbal "fuck you".
- In the trailer for the PSP port of Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy IV the After Years, there is a quick scene where Kain's dark side gives Rosa one of these--or almost does, it fades to white juuuust before the actual lip-lock. Nonetheless, many found it quite intriguing.
- Both times during Psychonauts. Firstly, Lili to Raz, and then Raz to Lili.
- Haley tried to do it in Order of the Stick. Unfortunately, she couldn't.
- Vaarsuvius got one instead... from Belkar. And wasn't happy about it.
- In RPG World, Diane does this to Hero, simply because Hero wasn't exactly the brightest bulb in the box when it came to emotional stuff.
- Dora does this to Marten in Questionable Content.
- In Juathuur Veithel receives a definitely unwanted kiss.
- Bittersweet Candy Bowl: Fed up with Mike constantly rejecting her advances, Daisy finally resorts to this. It backfires. Spectacularly.
- In Homestuck, Vriska does this to Tavros when they're FLARPing. Poor guy never saw it coming, since he's so damn terrified of her.
- Happens a few times in Ménage à 3, of either the same-sex variety or the heterosexual variety.
- Zero in Tasakeru has an unfortunate habit of being on the receiving end of these. Both times so far have been due to Mind Control.
- Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy frequently endured this at the hands of the Kanker Sisters.
- Not to mention the kiss delivered by Eddy to Edd in the episode "Your Ed Here" thanks to Kevin blackmailing Eddy.
- Looney Tunes' Pepe Le Pew is not at all shy about doing this to any animal, be they male or female, so long as they have black fur with a white stripe down their back.
- Hey Arnold: Helga does this to Arnold in The Movie.
- In "Arnold Visits Arnie", Lulu, a lookalike of Lila, attempts to do this to Arnold once. And fails.
- But in "Deconstructing Arnold" Curly succeeds after Rhonda, taking Helga's advice, "professes" her love to him in an attempt to repulse his amorous advances:
Rhonda: Okay, Curly, I admit it - I'm your secret admirer. And the truth is, no matter how hard I try and fight it, I'm (reading notes on her hand) really, really wild about you. In fact, I've fallen crazy in love. So whadda you say - how does that make you feel?
- In Code Lyoko, Aelita does this to Jérémie at the end of "XANA's Kiss". It's more surprising than forceful and ends with Jérémie in a Post-Kiss Catatonia.
- Sissi also does this to Ulrich in episode "Ultimatum" -- knowing that if she was going to forget about it because of the Return to the Past, Ulrich wouldn't.
- In Superman the Animated Series, Metallo did this to Lois Lane, only to be disgusted when he didn't feel a thing from it.
- In Futurama Fry is at the receiving end of one from the decapodian alien Edna, who fell in love with him. It's kinda... squicky.
- In Batman the Animated Series Harley Quinn once does this to Batman.
- This happens to Woody Woodpecker in a Fine Feathered Frenzy. Gorgeous Gal had a sexy voice but was an overweight and elderly crow who fell in love with Woody Woodpecker. When he accidentally ran into her arms Gorgeous tried to kiss him on the lips twice but he turned his head so she got both of his cheeks instead. Later she grabs her 'dream boy' while she is sitting on a couch and puckers her giant red lips getting them ready for action. The smitten senior citizen holds him down and kisses the Woodpecker on the lips twelve times. He eventually breaks free and can be seen smiling for a split second so he may have enjoyed the kissing even if he doesn't want seconds. Gorgeous Gal however becomes ecstatic and her lust intensifies. She rushes to kiss him and offers her lips to him a few more times but the Woodpecker flees. Once Gorgeous Gal gets a priest to marry the two and traps Woody Woodpecker in a submarine chances are he doesn't escape the inevitable forced kiss to the bride.
- Pucca, of course. She's a Stalker with a Crush who forces kisses on Garu quite often.
- In the Mickey Mouse short "Plane Crazy" Mickey does this to Minnie.
- Used in Young Justice when Cheshire forces herself on a grimacing Red Arrow.
- The Legend of Korra "The Spirit of Competition": Korra plants quite the good one on Mako who reciprocates.
- Family Guy: Meg tongue kisses Connie in "Dial Meg For Murder" to humiliate her in front of everyone in the lunchroom after knocking her out.