|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Quinn: So you'll do it?
—Daria, "Lucky Strike"
It's an uncommon, but highly pleasing costume. And unless it's heavily adorned, it's a bit more usable than a typical Impractically Fancy Outfit.
Sometimes the wearer also has a Feather Boa Constrictor.
Compare Seashell Bra, Going Fur a Swim (when the bikini and fur are separate garments), Bare Your Midriff, Black Bra and Panties, An Ice Suit, Sweater Girl, Fur Is Clothing (in which a Funny Animal has removable fur, which might result in this trope), Sexy Santa Dress, Playboy Bunny.
- There's a notable variant with the more risqué works involving Petting Zoo People — where their actual fur or hair grows in exactly this kind of shape to cover their naughty bits while exposing as much of everything else as possible.
Anime & Manga
- Urusei Yatsura: Lum's outfit. It (and just about every tiger-striped outfit with a source in Japan) is from an old myth about Oni wearing tiger skins.
- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: Mion wore one in the first OVA, the one that aired a while before Kai.
- In Samurai Pizza Cats, Polly and Lucille wore fur bikinis as the singing duo The Pointless Sisters.
- A feather one paired with a feather Showgirl Skirt is worn by a lady in a carnival style celebration in Science Ninja Team Gatchaman.
- When Giselle of Mystic is trapped in an exotic jungle pocket dimension, she transforms her outfit to a purple fur bikini, despite being low on magic.
- Tara and Shakira from The Warlord. Although Tara later adopts other outfits, Shakira wears the same fur bikini for the entirity of the run.
- Shanna the She-Devil, a character from the Marvel Universe, wears one in all her incarnations, even in the X-Men series from the 1990s. It was almost as modest as Jean's outfit.
- Squirrel Girl wears one in the cover of Deadpool/GLI - Summer Fun Spectacular. However, it should be noted that the fur in question is fake.
- Zawadi from the 1950s Monster Hunters team in the Marvel Universe.
- Archie Comics features a healthy supply in the "Archie 1" comics, set in pre-historic times.
- Empowered as Schrodinger's Catgirl (in an Imagine Spot).
Films — Live-Action
- One of the most famous is Raquel Welch's Nubile Savage outfit in One Million Years BC, even though it's more hides than fur. As a side note, the ads for the film even said "Raquel Welch wears MANKINDS'S FIRST BIKINI!"
- One of Jane Fonda's outfits in Barbarella.
- When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth has this as one for former playmate Victoria Vetri of its drawing points. The other being Dinosaurs.
- The Ringo Starr comedy Caveman had future wife Barbara Bach in one — "good girl" character Shelly Long was more conservatively dressed.
- Publicity shots for the film Love Happy shows Marilyn Monroe in an ermine bikini: Full View, Closeup 1, Closeup 2. This wasn't in the actual film, but publicity exclusive outfits were actually pretty common for films.
- The Sky People by S.M Stirling. Teesa of the Cloud Mountain People, much to the appreciation of Earth explorers on Venus.
- Veronica Layton in Sir Arthur Conan Doyles the Lost World, although hers is more leather than fur.
- Following the events of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode "Beer Bad", in which Buffy is transformed into a kind of cavewoman, Xander laments that she never wore one.
- Loki's dancers in "Loki's Rapsody" in Jul i Valhal have these.
- Actress Terry Moore wore an ermine one-piece suit to a USO show in Korea. She was almost removed from the show, before the soldiers shouted that she should stay.
- One of the endings of Princess Maker 3 has her in a white fur bikini, as seen in the pic.
- Ayla from Chrono Trigger. Hardly a surprise, as she's essentially a blonde answer to Raquel Welch. Notably, whatever she skinned for the thing had a tail, and she just left it on.
- The Pixies in Monster Rancher probably have the Petting Zoo People variant. Don't know if it's ever stated if their fur bikinis are part of their body, or just clothing.
- The tiger bikini in Secret of Mana.
- Monica's optional Panther Bikini in Dark Cloud 2. If you walk her into a corner, the camera looks down her cleavage.
- At least one of the costume sets in The Idolmaster.
- Resident Evil Sheva gets one of these as an Alternate Costume
- The new Golden Axe has Tyris Flare dressed this way.
- The female Selkies in Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.
- An unlockable outfit for Dino Crisis is a leopard-skin one-piece.
- In The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, the "Huntsman's Vest" looks like a normal vest on men. On women...
- The female version of Forsworn armor in Skyrim.
- Aya's feather-trimmed bikini top in OneChanbara.
- Rock Band, Dora Sullivan
- Girl Genius
- (Barely) worn by a side-plot villain, the Weasel Queen.
- Suggested as appropriate attire for Zeetha, the warrior woman from a lost tribe (to her shock).
- In Tales of MU, Mackenzie wears a fur bikini as part of her female barbarian costume for a Halloween-esque party.
- Occasionally a character will be reduced to one of these in an old Looney Tunes or Tex Avery cartoon.
- Daffy Duck gets one made of feathers in Along Came Daffy.
- Happens to Jerry in the Tom and Jerry short Of Feline Bondage.
- As does Kitty Katswell in "Hot Dog".
- Diana from the animated Dungeons and Dragons was stuck with this outfit.
- Daria's title character once sarcastically claimed she would put one on (with her boyfriend suddenly perking up). Jane also wears one in one of her alter egos.
- Done by an artist named Naritaya, who later went pro with the Alice Soft ero-ren'ai game company and removed his art from the web. Mostly.