|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
"Goat Simulator is the latest in goat simulation technology, bringing next-gen goat simulation to YOU.
—From the Steam page
Who are we kidding? It's anything but.
The goal of the game is to Wreak Havok on the sandbox (where the A.I. humans are not the brightest) and complete objectives, while licking objects, blowing up cars, finding secret spots, marvelling at the Stylistic Suck, etc.
Released in 2014, developed and published by Coffee Stain Studios. The game was programmed in the spirit of "It's not a bug, it's a feature." It became a popular game to Let's Play on YouTube during its release.  Since then, DLC continues to be made for the game.
This page needs more trope entries. You can help this wiki by adding more entries or expanding current ones.
- Affectionate Parody:
- Alien Abduction: If you carry an odd bowl-like item you can find in the garage of the house closest to the pen in which you start and put it on a post in the middle of one of the Crop Circles, a Flying Saucer will beam you up and leave you in orbit. (Don't worry, you'll get respawned in Goatville in a couple minutes, or you can speed up the process...)
- Crop Circles: A pair can be found in the fields of Goatville.
- Easter Egg: Finding hidden locations and power-ups gets you achievements.
- Flying Saucer: You can summon one.
- Human Sacrifice: If you drag five humans to the hidden ritual pentagram in the mountains overlooking Goatville, you can get a special reward...
- Indy Escape: Averted by the humans onto whom you can roll giant boulders in both Goatville and Goat City Bay.
- Interface Screw: Happens during the brief Mushroom Samba you experience if you lick the white powder...
- Ladder Physics: The goat character does it completely perpendicular to the latter, and never actually puts its hooves inside the ladder itself; in effect the goat is hovering its way up the ladder.
- Mushroom Samba: There's a house in Goat City Bay where you can interrupt a drug deal. If you then lick the white powder on the table...
- Ragdoll Physics: Uses this heavily.
- Self-Deprecation: The Steam page, quoted below, points out its game is "completely stupid".
- Stuff Blowing Up: Everything from random gas bottles to an entire filling station, sometimes if you just look at it wrong.
- Vent Physics: Air vents on top of some of the buildings give varying degrees of vertical lift to the adventurous goat.
- Wreaking Havok: Encouraged, since the physics engine is designed to be ultra sensitive.
"Goat Simulator is a completely stupid game and, to be honest, you should probably spend your money on something else, such as a hula hoop, a pile of bricks, or maybe pool your money together with your friends and buy a real goat.
—From the Steam page
- In fact, the whole reason it was released is because alpha footage of the buggy game received a bunch of attention on the company's YouTube page.