Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Dustin Runnels (aka Dustin Rhodes), born 1969, is a professional wrestler best known by his ring name Goldust. He is the son of WWE Hall of Famer Dusty "American Dream" Rhodes and the half-brother of fellow WWE superstar, Cody Rhodes.
Tropes associated with Goldust:
- Agent Peacock
- Alternate Company Equivalent: Of himself as Black Reign in TNA
- Ambiguously Gay: Though it could be argued that that was all part of his mindgames to get into his opponent's head. Jerry Lawler once outright asked the question, to which Goldust denied before beating him down.
- What Could Have Been: The character was supposed to be the first openly gay wrestler, and was portrayed as one for about a month (his first major feud was sending love letters to Razor Ramon). However, gay rights groups got upset over a gay person also being "evil," so Marlena was introduced and it all became "mindgames."
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of movies when the Goldust gimmick started.
- The Artist Formerly Known As Goldust: In 1998.
- Award Bait Song
- Badass Family: He's a Rhodes, it's a given.
- Camp Straight
- Depraved Bisexual: At least he pretended to be one.
- Facial Markings
- Genre Savvy: Of Pro-Wrestling and Film
- Gorgeous George
- Groin Attack: "Shattered Dreams"
- Head-Tiltingly Kinky: With Marlena and Luna.
- Heterosexual Life Partners: Him and Yoshi Tatsu are superpals.
- It Runs in The Family
- Large Ham: What do you expect from someone whose face is painted gold and wears gold suit and a wig?
- Nightmare Fetishist
- Odd Friendship: With Booker T. Huge emphasis on the 'odd' part.
- Rage Against the Author / Real Life Writes the Plot: Dustin got tired of being Goldust at one point and tried to be a born-again Christian wrestler. The gimmick sadly didn't take, in part because the WWE didn't care and in part because it was just him in a t-shirt and blue jeans just preaching before matches. Even when Dustin went to WCW and TNA, he never (or they never let him) tried the gimmick again.
- The Red Baron: "The Bizarre One", "The Prince of Perversion", "The Man With The Golden Power"
- "Take That!" Kiss: One of his moves to throw off an opponent.
- Tourettes Shitcock Syndrome: After getting "electrocuted", thankfully it died down and went away permanently later on.
- Villainous Crossdresser
- Wrestling Family: Son of Dusty Rhodes and half-brother of Cody. He was married to Terri Runnels for a couple years.