Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
See also Future Copter.
Examples of Helicopter Pack include:
- Yu-Gi-Oh! GX's manga has Elemental Hero Stratos, who has rotor/wing hybrids.
- The Penguin's umbrella from Batman.
- Tom Strong's heli-pack.
- The Marvel Universe version of Leonardo da Vinci goes one step more retro with the Ornithopter Pack, which overlaps with Winged Humanoid.
- Spirou and Fantasio: Fantasio invents one of these to win a competition in "Spirou et les Héritiers".
- Sleeper. Miles tries to escape from the police by donning a Helicopter Pack and flying away. It doesn't work very well.
- Robert Heinlein novel The Star Beast. Both John Thomas Stuart and Betty Sorenson use one of these (called a "flight harness" in the book). The cover of the 1954 edition.
- Hero Factory: Rotor
- The hero of stone-age video game H.E.R.O. wore one of these.
- Clank becomes one in the Ratchet and Clank games.
- Spawnable in Scribblenauts by typing "Helibackpack".
- The weak point of the Baron K. Roolenstein of Donkey Kong Country 3.
- A player usable one appears in the second game of the Dark Castle series of Macintosh games.
- The hero of Blade Force uses one of these.
- Mini Robot Wars: During the second episode, many of the land-based Mooks get one, allowing them to become Airborne Mooks.
- The first boss of Bug! (a giant snail) has a variant of this, where it retracts into its shell and helicopter blades come out of the top.
- The Barrier Soldiers in Area 5 of Bionic Commando.
- Girl Genius has a steampunk-version hybrid between this and Jet Pack, referred to as 'The Flight Raiment of King Darius the Incandescent'. Mk 2, of course. Used by Zola to escape from Castle Heterodyne.
- Inspector Gadget has one of these on his head.
- In The Tick, the quartet of Swiss thieves wore giant Swiss army knives on their backs, with deployable helicopter blades for flight.
- Jack Spicer from Xiaolin Showdown has a helicopter pack, he got it as a present when he turned evil.
- The Venture Brothers: in the episode "Hate Floats" Brock Sampson and Phantom Limb try out a couple of these.
- The Boogie Pack from Generator Rex.
- My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic: Rainbow Dash's pet tortoise Tank is fitted with one at the end of "May The Best Pet Win".
- The Rahaga in Bionicle 3: Web of Shadows. It's non-canon, but the filmmakers thought it would look cooler than having them climb everywhere. Their toys use these "packs" (actually Rhotuka spinners) as projectiles, so they're not really part of their anatomy.
- Needless to say Those Wacky Nazis worked on the concept with the Heliofly. One of the Awesome but Impractical weapons covered in My Tank is Fight by Zack Parsons.
- How could you guys miss the Martin Jetpack! Seriously, it's the first practical Helicopter Backpack in history and it's near-production.