|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
HellBound was a Dead Baby Comedy by Maniac_wolfman, currently stalled in its last chapter, and is on what looks to be a permanent Series Hiatus. The plot centers around Guy, an incredibly unlucky college kid who loses his soul within minutes of starting a new job, as he tries to retrieve an ancient sacred relic in the hopes of getting his soul back. Along the way, he is accompanied by the violent demon Mel, her airheaded sister Kyota, and an idiotic thief named Baxter. Honestly, he probably gets more help from the sheer incompetence of the forces of good that are arrayed against them.
The entire original purpose of this entry was just to highlight the funny of strip #118, though it's best if you've read the preceding strips first. It lampshades the Punch Clock Villain and Faceless Goons tropes, plays with Let Me Get This Straight..., and then Crosses the Line Twice. Awesome.
Provides examples of:
- But You Screw One Goat!: Kyota "Coveted her neighbor's ox, if ya know what I mean."
- and by covet she meant intercourse
- The Chew Toy - Guy and The Demon Hunter
- Dead Baby Comedy - if decapitation doesn't seem funny to you, then you're doing it wrong
- MacGuffin - ancient sacred relic #7
- No Name Given - You never get to know the name of the Demon Hunter's female assistant. Who becomes attracted to Guy (it's mutual) and who has mime makeup permanently tatooed on her face.
- Punch Clock Villain - more like "punch clock antagonist"
- Talking Animal - Kyota
- Orphaned Series - As of Feb 1 2008, the main domain is offline, so it's pretty safe to say this comic is gone. It came back up for a while, but that site now has no images available on the pages. http://loneverse.com/hellbound has a copy.