Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
See Category:Historical Fiction for the description that used to be here.
Examples of Historical Fiction that are not already on Category:Historical Fiction include:
Anime & Manga
see also Jidai Geki
- Mademoiselle Butterfly, set in the 1930s with geishas.
- Peacemaker Kurogane, covering the pre-Meiji period from The Shinsengumi point of view.
- Rose of Versailles, set in pre-revolutionary France.
- Rurouni Kenshin, set in the early Meiji period.
- Vinland Saga, chronicling the rise to power of Cnut the Great in the Viking Age, amongst other things.
- Historie, set in the time of Alexander the Great.
- Sakura Gari is set in the Taishou Era.
- Shut Hell, set in the early 13th Century, during Genghis Khan's time.
- Hakuouki is another Shinsengumi tale, this one casting the members of the group as Estrogen Brigade Bait.
- Honey Honey no Suteki na Bouken is set in Vienna, 1907.
- Le Chevalier d'Eon, set in 18th Century Europe.
- Kaze to Ki no Uta set in 1880 in France.
- Arn the Knight Templar, dealing with the Crusades and the establishment of Sweden as a kingdom.
- Ever After, during the French Renaissance. Complete with Leonardo da Vinci (and the Mona Lisa).
- Ben-Hur, set during Jesus' lifetime.
- The Robe, set during the reigns of Tiberius and Caligula.
- Quo Vadis, set during Nero's reign
- Spartacus, a retelling of Spartacus' revolt.
- Gladiator, also set during Commodus' reign.
- Forrest Gump inserts the title character at various points in American history from Elvis Presley to Hurricane Camille.
- Gone with the Wind, set during the Civil War and featuring an iconic burning of Atlanta.
- Master and Commander
- Pearl Harbor - Unlike other Pearl Harbor movies, you have to sit through Developing Doomed Characters first.
- Gangs of New York, set just before the Civil War draft riots, which break out during the climax.
- Titanic is set during the 1912 sinking of the famous ship.
- U-571, set during World War II
Live Action TV
- Liberty's Kids, set in The American Revolution.
- Princess Sissi, a German series that takes a lot of liberties with the story of Elizabeth of Bavaria's life.
- An American Tail, though taking place in a Mouse World, mirrors what life was like for immigrants in New York during the 1880's.