|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
I'm In The Band is a TV series on Disney XD about 15-year-old guitarist, Tripp Campbell who won a chance to meet his favorite rock band, Iron Weasel. He learns that lead singer Derek Jupiter, bassist Burger Pitt and drummer Ash haven't had a big gig in years and now live out of their tour van. Tripp asks to join their band after their original lead guitarist, Bleed broke up with them. They say no at first but after showing them his guitar playing skill, and convincing his single mom into letting them live with them, they accept. Tripp is also taking point on securing new gigs for Iron Weasel and trying to make them popular again.
But yeah, the thing about Derek, Burger and Ash, they're lazy, shallow, stupid (mainly Ash) and incredibly childish. Tripp's best friend, Izzy Fuentes, an aspiring singer and borderline-obsessive rock fan, can help the situation or make things worse. Add to the fact that most of Tripp's ambitious plans for Iron Weasel backfire and Hilarity Ensues. It is chronologically the sixth and most recent series in the DCLAU.
The show has been greenlit for a second season (which has been revealed to be its last due to poor ratings).
The Main Cast:
- Tripp Campbell (Logan Miller),
- Burger Pitt (Greg Baker),
- Ash (Stephen Full),
- Derek Jupiter (Steve Valentine)
This show provides examples of...
- Absentee Actor: Caitlyn Taylor Love (Izzy) is the only cast member who has been absent from some episodes.
- Acrofatic: Burger
- Adult Child: Derek, Burger and Ash, mainly the latter two.
- Badbutt: The entire show.
- Berserk Button: Never touch Derek's motorcycle.
- For Charles, it can be described in four words: NOBODY CALLS ME CHUCKY!
- Big Eater: Burger
- Big Fun: Burger, again.
- Bilingual Bonus: Derek in "Annoying Arlene." Apparently, he's fluent in Spanish, Finish, and Turkish. Or at least knows how to say "Her neck smells like vanilla" in all three.
- Bishonen: Derek.
- "Brilliant" But Lazy: Derek, Ash and Burger.
- Catch Phrase:
Derek: Well played.
Derek: Well, it didn't go as smoothly as we'd hoped, but I don't think anyone noticed.
- Ash's "Aaaaawwww, yeah."
- Captain Obvious: Ash
- Casting Gag: On the show it is revealed that Derek used to be a Stage Magician as well as the band's singer. In Real Life, Steve Valentine is a Stage Magician as well as an actor.
- Clip Show: "Kicked Out for Band Behavior".
- Couch Gag: The lining in the guitar case in the intro is a different color every episode.
- Crossover: With The Suite Life On Deck in the episode "Weasels on Deck".
- Deadpan Snarker: Tripp and Derek.
- Determinator: Tripp, who is probably the most committed into making Iron Weasel a success again.
- Distaff Counterpart: The Diamond Sharks to Iron Weasel.
- The Ditz: Izzy shows signs of this.
- Downer Ending: Happens a lot. Though it's as down as a Disney comedy gets.
- Dueling Shows: With Nickelodeon's Big Time Rush, though since it is Nickelodeon and Disney XD is a digital cable network in most markets, the duel is pretty one-sided.
- Fun fact: The first episode of this show aired on Black Friday of 2009, then Big Time Rush had its first episode (which was a two-parter) the next day. Later, both had their second episode on Martin Luther King Day of 2010.
- Dumb and Drummer: Ash is considered a Genius Ditz...at best.
- Dumb Blonde: Tripp dates one in the second episode. She is tricked to break up with him.
- Eighties Hair: Derek and Burger
- Failure Is the Only Option: Iron Weasel will alway fail in becoming successful. SQIG after all.
- Fake Band: Iron Weasel
- Fake Brit: Bryan Callen as Bleed. This applies in-universe too, as Bleed is also faking a British accent. Subverted with Steve Valentine as Derek (He's Scottish pretending to be English).
- First-Name Basis: Ash is the only member of Iron Weasel whose last name is never addressed.
- Four-Man Band
- Funny Afro: Ash
- Gasshole: Burger
- Genius Ditz: Derek, Ash and Burger
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Tripps school principle is Carl Winslow.
- Hot Mom: Tripp's mom, Beth.
- Hypocritical Humour: After finding out that Ash has called his pet fish "Sushi", Burger complains that "Sushi's a food, not a name." Lampshaded by Tripp.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: Somewhat, as many of the episode titles contained the word "weasel."
- Jabba Table Manners: Burger
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Derek
- Keet: Burger
- Only Sane Man: Tripp's Mom, Tripp when his mom's not around.
- Plot Allergy: Tripp's peanut allergy.
- Poke the Poodle: The band's attempts to make Tripp angry in episode two.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Ash
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Jared and Tripp.
- Shout-Out: The episode "What Happened?" to the movie The Hangover.
- In "Road Tripp", Burger yells "Skateboard on the sidewalk, Zeke!"
- Skunk Stripe: On Burger's beard.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Derek
Derek: They're not chanting for Izzy. they're chanting for Derek!
- The Smurfette Principle: Izzy is the only girl in the main cast.
- Stage Magician: Derek much to his chagrin.
- Stalker with a Crush: Arlene, on Tripp.
- Straight Man: Tripp, to the rest of Iron Weasel and Izzy.
- Take That: Had one to reality/competition tv shows.
- Teen Genius: Tripp, when it comes to playing the guitar.
- Teens Are Short: Tripp is notably shorter than everybody else.
- Title Drop: Towards the end of "Weasels On Deck" and complete with a partial one for The Suite Life On Deck
Tripp: So, you go to school on a ship?
- To the Bat Noun: To the band van, mostly. Can degenerate down to "To the that way!"
- Too Dumb to Live: Ash
- Who Names Their Kid "Dude"?: Arlene's cat Hip-Hop.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Tripp, though that's only because his best friends are idiotic, childish, and lazy.