Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A romance between members of different species.
- Straight: Bob, a human, falls in love with Alice, a Were Cat.
- Exaggerated: Bob is xenophilic to an almost comedic extent, and easily falls in love with members of other species. He likely finds other humans repulsive.
- Justified: Alice never revealed to Bob she's a Were Cat, and Bob has no reason to suspect Alice isn't human.
- Bob has a thing for werecats.
- Bob loves Alice no matter what she is.
- Inverted: Bob falls in love with another human.
- Subverted: Alice is thought to be a Were Cat due to a humiliating incident and fish being her Trademark Favourite Food, but she turns out not to be one after all.
- Double Subverted: In fact, it turns out that Bob was the Were Cat, and mistook her for a member of his own species.
- Zig Zagged: Though the audience suspects either Alice or Bob is a werecat, the audience never finds out who, if anyone, is a werecat.
- Parodied: Bob has been known to romance some pretty strange things, in fact he was once seen with a female sea turtle singing "Younger Than Springtime" before being arrested for harassing wildlife.
- Averted: Bob is not seen in love with anything but his own species.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Knowing his love for werecats, Emperor Evulz sets up Bob with Alice to both distract him and have Alice relay information regarding Bob.
- Defied: To prevent himself from falling in love with a dangerous creature, Bob is careful to find out the species of anyone he likes before falling in love.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: The differences between Bob and Alice's species threaten to tear them apart, literally. Bob stumbles upon Alice, who has transformed fully and isn't in control of herself, and is attacked by her.
- Reconstructed: Bob, after dating enough dangerous creatures, expected this to happen at least once, and came prepared. After the incident, Bob still loves Alice.
Back to Interspecies Romance