|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Tommy: I said, who's there?
Jack Frost is a Slasher Movie duology about a serial killer who gets mutated into a snowman. Both films are campy direct-to-video efforts, but the first one is better known due to sharing its name with a family film.
This film and its sequel have examples of:
- Attack of the Killer Whatever: Attack of the Mutant Killer Snowman.
- Black Comedy
- Blood From the Mouth: Jill, after being raped to death
- Chekhov's Gun: Ryan's oats
- Clueless Deputy: Joe, though none of the police force is particularly competent.
- Dead Baby Comedy: The first film's opening narration.
- Deadpan Snarker: The titular Jack Frost, as well as Chris and Marla.
- The End - or Is It?: As our heroes bury what's left of Ol' Jack, little do they realize that the antifreeze of which Jack is now a part is bubbling...
- Jerkass: Agent Manners
- Large Ham/Ham and Cheese: Scott MacDonald as Jack Frost.
- Lethal Chef: It turns out Ryan put antifreeze in the oatmeal because he didn't want it to go cold.
- Mad Scientist: Stone, the scientist who created the acid that caused Jack to turn into a snowman in the first place.
- Monster Misogyny: Female characters' deaths are a great deal longer and more brutal than those of male victims.
- Off with His Head: Billy, via a sled.
- Oh Crap: Jack, just before he has his fateful accident.
- Serial Killer: Jack himself, even before becoming a snowman.
- The Sheriff: Sam.
- Snowlems: Jack.
- Steven Ulysses Perhero: A serial killer named Jack Frost becomes An Ice Person.
- Sting: For some reason, every time Agent Manners speaks in the sequel, a generic dramatic sting plays.
- Twisted Christmas: Suffice it to say, a killer snowman going on a murder spree should put a damper on the holidays.
- Unexplained Recovery: In the first film, Agent Manners is presumably killed when Jack grows icicle-fangs and tears the agent's face off. The agent is played by a different actor in the sequel, and explains that his new face is the result of 15 different reconstruction operations. He also gets an Eyepatch of Power.
- Wall-Bang Her: The aforementioned rape scene.
- Weaksauce Weakness: In the first film, it's quite logically antifreeze; in the sequel, Jack inherits Sam's allergy to bananas due to some of his blood being mixed in after their last encounter.
- Welcome to the Caribbean Mon: In the sequel.
- World of Ham: The sequel.