|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here:
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Fan Fics, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be Zapped. Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Authors, and Websites
- Recommended by User:althechi
- All of the below recommended (by me) fics can be found in the fanfiction section of the above forums.
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Nightingale by Diamond77
- Recommended by Extraintrovert
- Synopsis: Nightingale is described by its author as "an Epic Adventure that will explore every corner of the Bond universe".
- Comments: It is Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- Recommended by althechi
- Comments: A three part Bond adventure that will make you think that Pierce Brosnan and the Aston Martin "Vanish" are cool again. Seriously!
RISICO - A Bond 17 Screenplay by Thompson Colton
- Recommended by althechi
- Synopsis: A 116-page screenplay that would've been Timothy Dalton's third Bond film.
- Comments: The plotlines adapted from two Bond novels and a Fleming short story, with a few gratuitous explosions thrown in. Check it out.
Death Doesn't Die by GA Thrawn
- Recommended by countdracula94
- Synopsis: The first fan fiction short story by GA Thrawn thrusts James Bond into deepest Siberia with a beautiful German intelligence agent...
- Comments: This story was made by another member of a gaming website I'm a member of. Not the best plot in the world, but it's full of cheesy fun!
A Kill In The Morning by Shimbo
- Recommended by jadmire
- Synopsis": An Alternate History (and thus non-canon) fan fiction novel, written in the style of Ian Fleming, which puts James Bond in a world (in some ways similar to the world of Fatherland) where Nazi Germany survived World War II. Something dreadful happens to M along the way, and Bond ends up going rogue in his quest for revenge against the Nazis...
- Comments: Won the 2011 Turtledove Award for best continuing fanfic on alternatehistory.com (which has a large subforum of its own devoted to the posting and writing of full-length alternate history stories and novels, some of which delve into Fanfic territory.) The author's emulation of Fleming's style is letter-perfect. The site requires login, so you may have to create an account if you don't have one (very well worth doing if you're interested in Alternate History at all).
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
Queen of Spades by astolat.
- Recommended by razorsmile
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: "Bond," M said, as he paused in the doorway to hear her out, "the next time you do something like this will be once too many." (OR "M figures out how best to use a highly effective loose-cannon." OR "Bond figures out that there's always a bigger fish.")
- Comments: Starring Craig!Bond, characterization is pitch-perfect and the writing is done with a masterful eye for detail. An extremely rare case of Bond/M (Yes, M!) and it works brilliantly.