|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
This time there's no escape!
Jaws is a NES game from the year 1987, based on the Jaws franchise, mostly on the fourth film. It was released by LJN Toys and developed by Westone, better known for their work on the Wonder Boy series.
Your main goal is to kill the giant shark. To accomplish this, you sail between two ports with your boat. Most of the gameplay feature you being drafted into underwater segments where you harpoon your way out of attacking jellyfish, stingrays and sharks and collect stuff from them. Occasionally, you are attacked by the giant shark itself. You gradually become stronger as you travel in the sea, and when reach your limit you are able to finish the giant shark for good.
- One Up: Received every time you score 30000 points.
- Bonus Stage: If you kill enough sharks, you'll get to play a stage where you have to fly a plane bombard jellyfish with depth charges, Galaga style.
- Cool Boat: You sometimes find a submarine, which contains extra firepower.
- Everything's Even Worse with Sharks: Aside from the obvious, you encounter smaller sharks in the underwater segments.
- Harpoon Gun: Player character's Weapon of Choice.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Last phase involves you impaling the shark, similarly to its fate in Jaws: The Revenge.
- Lucky Charms Title: The shark replaces the "A" in in the game's titlescreen.
- One Word Title
- Scoring Points
- Riding Into the Sunset: The ending shows a plane flying into the sunset.
- RPG Elements
- Under the Sea: Majority of the gameplay is spend here.
- Underwater Boss Battle: Where else?