|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
It's the eve of the Clone Wars. You are Adi Gallia, a Jedi Master charged with the task of investigating Separatist actions. Or you are Nym, a Feeorin mercenary. Well, actually, it depends on the level. You can also be two other characters if you're player 2.
This work includes examples of:
- Big Bulky Bomb: The unlockable Advanced version of the Havoc can charge up one called the Plasma Scourge.
- Black and White Magic: Averted. Force lightning and Force shockwave are clearly darkside powers, but Adi doesn't mind using them.
- Cool Starship: Duh. There's the Jedi Starfighters themselves, Reti's ship, the Zoomer, Nym's bomber, the Havoc, Jinkins' Freefall, the Mere (as in the dominant sentients of Maramere) Heavy Cruisers (Tritus, Kethor, and two unnamed), the Sabaoth fighters, the Sabaoth Destroyers, and the Hex Deployers.
- Disc One Nuke: Villainous example: Trihexalon is introduced very early.
- Easter Egg: Literal Easter Eggs are hidden in Mount Merakan.
- Evil Brit: But it is Star Wars.
- 555 The outtakes feature Mace advertising a Jedi Starfighter plane rental with the number 1-555-FLY-JEDI.
- Fragile Speedster: The appropriately-named Zoomer.
- Hilarious Outtakes: One of the unlockable extras.
- Kill Sat: The Orbital Cannons. Two of these have to be destroyed during the assault on Nod Kartha, to allow the Kethor to take down the shields blocking access to the planet. Nym's forces later salvage one and mount it on Lok's moon to aid in retaking his old base.
- Lead the Target: In the training mission, Saesee Tiin teaches this and other basic fighter combat principles.
- Life Embellished: The "My Day At Work" unlockable short.
- Macross Missile Massacre: Nym does this with Cluster Missiles once he has them, as do the unlockable Advanced versions of the Freefall and the Zoomer.
- Mighty Glacier: Nym's fighter, the Havoc.
- Old School Dogfighting: The last two bosses are this, although you can nail the first with your Kill Sat if you're lucky.
- Ramming Always Works: In the level "Hammer and Anvil", the Kethor sustains crippling damage from one of the Orbital Cannons in the level's opening cutscene. Later, after you take the cannons out, Captain Orsai (after evacuating his crew) steers the doomed ship into one of the main shield generators, destroying it and opening Nod Kartha up to attack.
- Shout-Out: Complete the right secondary and hidden objectives, and you can fly an X-wing, a TIE fighter, or the Slave I.
- Stuff Blowing Up: It's a Star Wars game, what else were you expecting?
- The Dev Team Thinks of Everything: One mission features a Saboath Destroyer launching tugs the player must intercept. You may try to destroy it outright, allowing your own tugs to salvage in peace. Cue another Destroyer warping in while the enemy commander laughs maniacally.
- Verb This: From the third level, after blowing up the second Troop Transport: "Transport this.
- Villainous Breakdown: Cavik Toth experiences this during the final level