Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Tropes found in J-E-Double-F J-A-Double-R-E-Double T's life and career:
- Alliterative Name: Double J is one of his Red Baron's.
- Alternate Company Equivalent: Triple H to the point that detractors of both refer to Jeff as "Triple J" (for Jackass Jeff Jarrett.)
- Arch Enemy: Well, Kurt Angle and him really, really don't like each other.
- Beware the Silly Ones: While a goofy, silly heel most of the time, he's brought it to Kurt Angle, Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, AJ Styles, Booker T, Scott Steiner and many other top wrestlers.
- Blond Guys Are Evil: Has been one practically his whole career.
- Catch Phrase: Loves to call opponents "slap nuts." No idea why.
- "Ain't I great?" and "That's J, E, double F, J, A, double R, E , double T... I'm double J, Jeff Jarrett!" during his first WWF run.
- After he had his head shaved by X-Pac, he adapted "DON'T PISS ME OFF!" as his new catchphrase.
- Combat Pragmatist: Is very adept at cheating, of course, he does have a quarter century of wrestling experience.
- Cool Old Guy: 43 and busting out Ranas and Missile Dropkicks.
- Deadpan Snarker: Oh, he's had his moments. He once walked into the ring with fans chanting "DROP THE TITLE!", and he proceeded to literally do just that.
- Dirty Coward
- Dye Hard
- Instrument of Murder: He inherited the Honky Tonk Man's signature cheating style of cracking a guitar over the heads of his opponents.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Jarrett is apparently a loving father of five, including step-children by Karen.
- Miles Gloriosus: During his 2010-2011 feuds with Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle, Jarrett started to hype himself up as a prolific MMA fighter and held MMA "training" sessions in the ring where he'd basically use simple MMA holds to torture whatever poor sap was dumb enough to become his lackey. Any real competition from men like Joe or Kurt and Jeff was doing everything possible to worm his way out.
- Nice Hat: Wore a rather flashy one during his first run in the then-WWF.
- Non-Singing Voice: In the WWF, Jarrett was exposed as not singing his own theme song. It was done by The Roadie (AKA "The Road Dogg" Jesse James, of D Generation X fame).
- Red Baron: Double J, the Chosen One (in WCW), Big Daddy, the TNA Founder, the King of the Mountain.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: His feud with Kurt Angle concerning Karen.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: With his (actual) wife, Karen Jarrett (nee Angle).
- Romance on the Set: Jeff married Karen in 2010.
- Smug Snake: He's a very old school, cowardly sneaky heel.
- Ted Baxter: Adding to his sliminess, Jarrett will brag like all hell.
- Unperson: He is one of the few wrestlers who's currently been Unpersoned in the WWF/E, although his father, Jerry Jarrett, has a strong relationship with the McMahons, and he revealed in a 2010 interview that Vince McMahon gave his condolences to him after his wife died.
- Weapon of Choice: The Guitar.
- Would Hit a Girl
- Wrestling Doesn't Pay: A Wrestling Country Music Star.
- Wrestling Family: Third generation wrestler.
- Writer on Board: In the early days of TNA, Jarrett hogged the NWA title like there was no tomorrow. Fans, annoyed that Jarrett was essentially abusing his power as owner of TNA, screamed "DROP THE TITLE" at him. Since TNA defected from the NWA and built their own world championship, Jarrett's stayed away from the title scene.