Jennette Michelle Faye McCurdy is an American film and television actress and country singer-songwriter.
She rose to fame as ICarly's resident Badass, Samantha Puckett. Jennette has also starred in other TV shows such as Zoey 101, Malcolm in the Middle, Will and Grace, Strong Medicine, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, The Inside, True Jackson, VP and Judging Amy, as well as TV movie Best Player.
She has also parlayed into a country music career and was signed with Capitol Records Nashville, having released 2 albums as of 2012.
It's been confirmed that after iCarly's fifth & final season ends, Jennette will be starring in a new series on Nickelodeon, teaming up with Dan Schneider again. No further details have been anounced as of yet.
This actress contains examples of:
- Acting for Two: In iCarly, she plays as Samantha and Melanie Puckett, who are identical twins with opposite traits.
- Alpha Bitch: Pinky Turzo in True Jackson VP.
- Badass Adorable
- Blue Eyes: Though in iCarly they appear brown.
- Cover Version: Homeless Heart by Amanda Stott.
- Cute Bruiser: Sam Puckett
- Deadpan Snarker: Quite a "self-proclaimed nerd" and bubbly all-around in her twitter page, she hilariously counters defamatory tweets against her.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Inspires a good deal of girl-crushes on Twitter, to the point that there's a subset of her fans that call themselves 'McLesbians'.
- Genki Girl
- Hair of Gold
- Hollywood Pudgy: Noted throughout the 4th season of iCarly, where she suddenly had a chubbier overall physique; subverted with the 5th season.
- Like Brother and Sister: Has specifically said kissing Nathan Kress feels like this to her and that she dislikes romantic scenes because of it.
- Ms. Fanservice: Now, where to start...
- Nice Shoes: Regularly posts pictures of the shoes she's wearing on Twitter.
- Older Than They Look: Jennette (even Sam) is the eldest of the 4 main teen actors in iCarly, but her petite stature is convincing enough to shrug off a few years of her age.
- One of Us: Jennette is a self-proclaimed geek and avid fan of Star Wars and Back to The Future, to the extent where she went to a fan meet up celebrating the films, something that her role Sam Puckett would ridicule her for.
- Rapunzel Hair
- Running Gag: The Kids Choice Awards never gets to spell her name right. Jennette personally calls them on this in her twitter account every year.
- Typecasting: To the Delinquent roles, with Trisha Kirby and Sam Puckett as the best examples.