|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Justin Timberlake (January 31, 1981-) is a former member of the late 1990s Boy Band *NSYNC and a sensation among the teenaged female demographic. He has won six Grammy Awards as well as two Emmy Awards. He got his big break when he appeared as a contestant on Star Search, and went on to star in Disney Channel's television series The New Mickey Mouse Club where he met future bandmate JC Chasez.
In 2002, he released his debut solo album, Justified, which sold more than 7 million copies worldwide. The album spawned the hits Cry Me a River and Rock Your Body. Timberlake continued his success with his second solo album, FutureSex/LoveSounds (2004), debuting at number one on the Billboard 200 chart, and produced the US number-one hit singles SexyBack, My Love, and What Goes Around.../...Comes Around.
Timberlake's first two albums made him one of the most commercially successful singers in the world, selling a combined 16 million copies (in addition to his 55 million albums sold with *NSYNC). Aside from music, he has also begun an acting career, while his other ventures include record label Tennman Records, fashion label William Rast, and the restaurants Destino and Southern Hospitality.
His music remains popular, due in no small part to his pretty-boy appeal, and he has also played roles in movies, such as Shrek the Third and Mike Myers' The Love Guru. As his appearances on the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards of past years have shown, music and theatrics are not his only talents, for better or worse.
Most recently, his performance as Sean "Napster" Parker in The Social Network has received much acclaim, and he appeared opposite Mila Kunis in Friends With Benefits. He has also produced a number of popular collaborations with both Andy Samberg and the full troupe of The Lonely Island.
- Justified (2002)
- Justin and Christina (EP with Christina Aguilera) (2003)
- Futuresex/Lovesound (2004)
- Justified: The Videos (2003)
- Live from London (2003)
- Futuresex - Loveshow – Live from Madison Square Garden (2005)
- Justified And Lovin' It World Tour (2002)
- Justified & Stripped American Tour (2003)
- Futuresex - Loveshow world tour (2005)
- Edison (2005)
- Alpha Dog (2006)
- Black Snake Moan (2006)
- Shrek the Third (2007) (voice)
- The Love Guru (2008)
- Shrek Forever After (2010) (voice)
- The Social Network (2010)
- Yogi Bear (2010) (voice)
- Bad Teacher (2011)
- Friends With Benefits (2011)
- In Time (2011)
- Trolls (2016)
- Trolls: World Tour (2020)
- Breakup Breakout: Former Nsync-er
- Dyeing for Your Art: He lost 15-20 pounds for his role in The Social Network.
- Erotic Eating: Invoked in "Carry Out", which consists solely of fast food related innuendos.
- Which is Hilarious in Hindsight, as *NSYNC was the musical guest on SNL once and their cameo on a sketch was that of a boyband who sang songs with food innuendos.
- Lampshade Hanging "Sexy Ladies" is a general lamp shade to his immense attractiveness, and his Casanova-like luck with ladies. (And his luck with groupies also, while romancing Britney Spears..allegedly)
- Obligatory Bondage Song: Sexyback
- Stealth Pun: "Carry Out" is Intercourse with You with fast-food metaphors. Y'know, eating out.
- Piss-Take Rap: Utterly, utterly averted, he is actually pretty damn good at it, check it out .
- Chop Me Up is also a valid proof of his talent at rapping.
- Take That: did his fair share at Britney Spears.
- Self-Backing Vocalist: Provides the backing singing parts to Chop Me Up.
- Silly Love Songs: "until the end of the time" and "Take IT from Here"
- Your Cheating Heart: Cry Me A River and the majority of the Justified album.
- Why Do You Keep Changing Jobs?: Former boy bander and producer, then a solo singer songwriter hit pop artist and now dedicated serious actor and designer.