|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Kevin Butler: Long live what brought us all to this party in the first place: Play. And I believe in that as much as I believe in my no-look flaming crossbow shot.
A series of commercials run by Sony to promote the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 3 Exclusive games, based around the character of Kevin Butler (played by Jerry Lambert), a Sony VP in charge of everything from First Person Shooter Relations to Add More Awesome. The ads were widely praised for their humorous content as opposed to Sony's previous PS3 Ads.
The ads contain examples of:
- Action Duo: Kevin and the Best Buy guy.
- Badass Mustache: Kevin sports one in his Modnation Racers commercial.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: He appeared as one of the parents of Bad Teacher.
- Ho Yay: Between Kevin and SCEA President Jack Trenton.
"You are the boss of me."
- Lock and Load Montage: Two words for you: Mon Tage.
- One of Us: Kevin Butler appeared at E3 to give a speech about how much he loved gaming and wanted to see it succeed. A carefully scripted appearance? Sure. But it was still awesome.
- Rule of Awesome: The ads themselves run off this and...
- Rule of Funny