|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Another Merchandise-Driven animated series from the 1980s, released in 1987. It had 20 episodes.
The show told the tale of pretty blonde-haired Princess Lady Lovely Locks, her Ladies-in-Waiting (Maiden Fair Hair, and Maiden Curly Crown) and her Fairy Companions the Pixietails. Most of what they have to worry about comes from the evil Duchess Ravenwaves who wants to take over the land Lovely Locks rules.
The show also concerned a family of friendly dragons and a potential love interest for Princess Lady Lovely Locks, Prince Strong-Heart, who loves her but cannot really tell her because he's afflicted with a curse that turns him into a dog.
The series also had some Radio Dramas made in Germany.
Tropes featured include:
- All Trolls Are Different - This one can change size!
- Alliterative Name - Lady Lovely Locks
- Animesque - Production duties were shared by Japan and France, while animation was done in Japan exclusively, like many american cartoons of this time.
- Animorphism - Poor Prince Stong-Heart, cursed to be a dog...
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead - Lady Lovely Locks, Maiden Fair Hair, and Maiden Curly Crown.
- Brainy Brunette - Maiden Fair Hair is very cool-minded and smart
- Ermine Cape Effect - by way of Limited Wardrobe.
- Everything's Better with Princesses
- Hair of Gold - The Protagonist
- Fisher King - If Lovely Locks is away from her Kingdom for too long, it begins to wither.
- Genki Girl - The energetic, cheerful Maiden Curly Crown
- Lady in Waiting: Maiden Fair Hair and Maiden Curly Crown are this to Lovely Locks.
- Our Dragons Are Different - For one thing, baby dragons look more like furry pigs. For another, they grow from a magical tree.
- Pimped-Out Dress
- Pretty in Mink - Fur trimmed coats worn when they go someplace cold.
- Princess Classic - Lovely Locks, indeed.
- Princesses Prefer Pink - Lovely Locks does, though at times she wore lavender too.
- Purple Is Powerful - Duchess Ravenwaves
- Small Annoying Creature - Both the aforementioned Pixietails and the baby dragons
- True-Blue Femininity: Maiden Fair Hair
- Verbal Tic: The Pixietails added "ix" to the end of every sentence. (Or was it every word?)
- Villain Ball - A bad guy has the princess in his grasp, and spends too much time menacing her rather than getting her hair.