Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- 1 Champions A-M
- 2 Champions M-Z
- 3 Other
- Skins: Stinger Akali resembles The Bride from Kill Bill, Crimson Akali looks like Electra from Daredevil, and Silverfang Akali looks like Smoke from Mortal Kombat 9. On top of it all, her classic skin strongly resembles Jade from Mortal Kombat.
- Take a close look at the icon for Bandage Toss -- it's him doing the Spider-Man web-shooting motion.
- There is an upcoming Robot Amumu skin. Where else have we seen a chronically depressed robot in fiction?
- Skins: Sherwood Ashe gets her name and primary colors from Robin Hood.
- Skins: Apocalyptic Brand looks like he just stumbled out of the Fallout world.
- Brand's origin seems to have been born out of Surtr, with Brand's body being an essential viking, his appearance being similar a common description of Surtr (blackened skin with lava crackling in it), and his claims that him burning the world will renew it, as would follow Surtr's role in Ragnarok. Regretably, Brand has no Flaming Sword.
- Skins: The splash art for Jurassic Cho'Gath, with Cho'Gath in a museum-style building with a large banner hanging overhead, is a reference to the Jurassic Park film.
- Quotes: "Ah, the tangled webs we weave..."
- Gentleman Cho'Gath has several appropriately British references: "I'll bite your legs off!" "It's funny isn't it? How your best friend can just blow up like that." "I like a man who grins when he fights!" "One can survive everything, nowadays, except death." "Cake or death?"
- Some people can't help but look at his design and think "Violator." Other people think he looks a lot like a Carnifex. In early beta, his title was "The Red Terror", a type of Tyranid.
- Quotes: "This is Major Tom to Ground Control!"
- Quotes: His /joke is "Lima Oscar Lima", which is NATO phonetic for LOL, a shout out to the internet slang for 'laughing out loud'.
- Or, y'know, League of Legends.
- Skins: His Toxic skin looks quite similar to The Incredible Hulk.
- Quotes: Many of Corporate Mundo's quotes are references to Office Space.
- Dance: The Hare Hare Yukai from the ending credits of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
- Quotes: Several References to Indiana Jones, including "Noxians... I hate those guys..." and "You belong in a museum!"
- His energy bow looks a lot like the bow used by the Quincy in Bleach.
- Quotes: The first sentence in one of his jokes ("Summon me and you'll like the way you look. I Garen-tee it. Get it?") is a reference to Men's Wearhouse commercials.
- Quotes: "Suffering is magic!"
- Dance: Though it could be seen as a reference to Discord's memetic dance, it bears the closest resemblance to Dope Zebra.
- Quotes: "Back, you dirty ape, back!"
- Quotes: One of his lines "Today is a good day to die!" could be one to Star Trek, but possibly instead to Sitting Bull or Crazy Horse.
- Skins: His hockey-themed skin is called The Mighty Jax. PAX Jax, which was released for the Penny Arcade Expo, appropriately wields a cardboard tube and has a Pac-Man logo on his clothes.
- His name and character are a reference to Garet Jax, the armsmaster who was an expert with all weapons, in Terry Brooks' The Wishsong of Shannara.
- Skins: Phantom Karthus wears a mask like The Phantom of the Opera, and Pentakill Karthus strongly resembles Gene Simmons from KISS.
- A somewhat elaborate example; Karthus' innate passive's icon, Death Defied was originally a picture of a sheep crossed out. One of the most powerful items in DotA is Guinsoo's Scythe of Vyze, which turns people into sheep. Guinsoo uses Karthus' icon in the official forums. You make the connection.
- Quotes: "I am the wind!"
- Skins: Deadly Kennen is a fairly obvious Deadpool costume. Swamp Kennen is Yoda.
- Skins: Her Wicked skin resembles Cruella de Vil of One Hundred and One Dalmatians.
- Quotes: "Lying is like 95% of what I do."
- Quotes: Not something SHE said, but when you use her E on someone, hover over the debuff and you'll see that it ends with a "Hey! Listen!" Presumably coming from Pix.
- Quotes: "I love it when a plan comes together!" "In the name of Demacia, I will punish you!" "Double Rainbow? What does it mean?" "Shhh! I'm charging my laser..."
- Lux is largely based on Marisa Kirisame from Touhou. Her ultimate is called Finales Funkeln, which is German for "Final Sparkle." This is taken from Marisa's Final Spark (a variation on her trademark spell known as Master Spark), which is also a giant rainbow laser beam. Lux also calls herself an "ordinary witch," while Marisa is The Ordinary Magician, and both are known for copying spells from other people. Finally, Lux's Sorceress and Spell Thief skin may be based off of Marisa, most notably the witch's hat and broom on sorceress and the similarity of the outfit and wand of Spell Thief to Marisa's outfit in UFO.
- Skins: His Chosen skin is pretty much a Jedi knight, complete with blue, green, or red light saber. His Headhunter skin is based on Predator.
- Quotes: Several of her quotes are references to Han Solo.
- All of his abilities are heavy metal songs.
- Quotes: "Who let the dogs out? Woof, woof, woof."
- Skins: His Grungy skin is basically the Cookie Monster and Oscar the Grouch.
- Quotes: "Urge to kill, rising..."
- Let's face it: he's obviously a walking reference to 300.
- The Fullmetal skin gives him automail arms, straight out of the Fullmetal Alchemist universe
- Skins: The facepaint on Noxian Poppy looks an awful lot like the members of KISS.
- Skins: King Rammus changes his color scheme to closely resemble Bowser.
- Skins: Her skin is based off of Meliadoul.
- Quotes: "Why so serious?"
- Skins: Not one, but two skins that reference Mortal Kombat; Yellow Jacket Shen looks like Scorpion and Frozen Shen looks like Sub-Zero.
- Quotes: "If light travels so fast, how come it's never caught a ninja?" "You're already dead, you just haven't caught up yet."
- Quotes: "Shaken, not stirred."
- Quotes: Skar! Skar! Skarner! He will say this randomly if he's idling in brush.
- Skins: Hextech Sion looks like the Terminator.
- Quotes: Arnold Schwarzenegger references abound. "Who is your summoner and what does he do?" "Get on my Chopper!" "What is best in death?"
- Skins: Her Warrior Princess skin is Xena, and her Spectacular skin is Wonder Woman. Her PAX skin is Tron.
- Skins: His Badger skin has to be a reference to the Badger Song, especially given his associate with mushrooms...
- Her character is based off of Tank Girl, with her Riot Girl skin as a further reference.
- Skins: Highlander Tryndamere, compete with kilt.
- Skins: Three words: Giant Enemy Crab.
- Her character and background draws heavy inspiration from Batman. She even has bats flying around her when activating her ultimate!
- Quotes: His joke is the Power Thirst commercial.
- The icon for Mastermind in the support masteries tree is a reference to the box art from Deus Ex.
- Youmuu's Ghostblade is one letter off from Youmu from Touhou, who also wields a ghostly sword. It is a katana with sakura petals flying around it.
- Wriggle's Lantern shares a name with a firefly in Touhou. The official statement is that it was named after an adjucator called Wriggle.
- Trinity Force is the most expensive item in the game, created by combining three different mid-level items into one hybridized one. Both its name and its in-game icon are a shout-out to the Triforce from the Zelda series.
- The Brutalizer item costs exactly 1337 gold in total.
- Rylai's Crystal Scepter is named after the lore name of Crystal Maiden from Defense of the Ancients.
- An update for a more exact queue status now shows your place more precisely. Up to a certain number, when it just reports your current place in the waiting line as Over 9000.
- Now even more exact (Over 20,000), but lost the reference.
- The in-game chat displays kill streaks using Unreal Tournament lines, such as "Killing Spree!" "Dominating!" and "G-g-Godlike!"