|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Summary (from Anime News Network): In 2199 A.D. overpopulation has forced the human kind to adapt in other planets. For almost 100 years the human race has thrived and lived happily in their new home. However everything ended the day humans took over Pluto; to the humans unfortunately fate a new race was discovered known as the apocalypse, a creature that uses the human brain as its source of knowledge and energy for their own mechanical bodies. Now the humans must fight in order to survive. As a last resort the humans send off trained soldiers in order to reestablish Pluto and get rid of this new threat to mankind.
At the base, lieutenant Jonathan Tyberius and Leonard Schteinberg fall in love after many tragic events, however the two new lovers were forced to go on their own separate ways because of the dreadful war?
Warning: Contains explicit sex scenes, rape, castration, uncensored genitals. The cover in this page should say a LOT...
Still, much Better Than It Sounds.
Includes examples of:
- Bara: Probably the among the first of this genre, with the OVA featuring attractive muscular men connecting with each others instead of the usual pretty boy-type found in other stories.
- Big Brother Complex: Leonard. See Freudian Excuse and Intimate Psychotherapy.
- Bury Your Gays: Poor Leonard. By Jonathan's hand, no less.
- Depraved Homosexual: Captain Continental. And his subordinates.
- Downer Ending: As punishment for his attack on Captain Continental, Leonard is shipped out to the front lines after one night of passion with Jonathan. When Jonathan next sees him, he's become a monster, and Jonathan is forced to kill him.
- Fan Disservice: The Tall, Dark and Handsome Jonathan under the shower spray? Oh yes, please. The Tall, Dark and Handsome Jonathan eing forcibly thrown under said shower spray and then being brutally tortured and raped? OH HELL, NO!
- Freudian Excuse: Leonard's Big Brother Complex is a product of him losing his little brother (who conveniently resembled Jonathan) when he was younger.
- Gonk: Captain Continental...
- Good People Have Good Sex (Leonard and Jonathan)
- Groin Attack: Leonard castrates Jonathan's rapist
- Hair of Gold: Leonard is a very noble and kind man, and he's a Dark-Skinned Blond.
- Identical Stranger: Jonathan looks near exactly like Leonard's late younger brother.
- Intimate Psychotherapy: Tender comfort-sex for Jonathan after he is raped, which also helps Leonard get over his "I couldn't save my little brother" angst owing to Jonathan's convenient resemblance. Surprisingly, it's not as forced as other examples.
- Lecherous Licking: Captain Continental licks Jonathan's face shortly before raping him.
- Last Kiss: Jonathan tearfully kisses Leonard's lips before giving him a Mercy Kill
- Non-Indicative Name: The story has nothing to do with legends, or blue wolves.
- Porn with Plot: There's quite a bit of detail in the character interaction. Arguably it's more of a gay romance anime than true porn since it's probably hard to enjoy the 'good' sex scenes right after seeing Continental get castrated.
- Rape as Drama: Once. But it's implied that the Continental has committed more rapes in the past...
- Rape Is Love: Averted. Jonathan falls in love with... the guy who rescued him from his rapist and comforted him afterwards.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Jonathan is a dark-haired young man, and his skin tone is noticeably lighter than Leonard's.
- Seme: Leonard. Although much less rapey than the type usually is.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: Jonathan and Leonard.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome: Jonathan.
- Uke: Jonathan, though more willful and outspoken than the standard. And not really a Keet, either.